[SOLVED] is the corsair cv450 decent?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

erifino10

Commendable
Jul 16, 2018
Hey yall, i just wanna ask, is the corsair cv450 decent? I know that its group reg and have a sleeve bearing fan, but ive been using them for about a month or so, my question is, will it endure for 2 years? Since i wont be upgrading my system anytime soon, also does anyone have the inside pictures that i can see? I cant find any of it, probably because its still pretty new, my specs can be seen on my signature.

Also, I found out that the fsp hv pro has foai caps while the cv450 uses a teapo caps, so if i were to ask you which one would you buy, was it better a dc-dc psu with foai caps or, a group reg with teapo caps psu? Since if im not mistaken foai caps are one of the low quality ones, while teapo is tier 2 in caps tier list, if youre saying its good enough (foai), i will prob change to the hv pro next year
You can't really trust capacitor tier lists... Even the one Aris has on this website. Reputation wise there are very minimal info on Foai caps, so we can't judge for sure whether or not it's really worse than Teapo. So my gut feeling says something with DC-DC is better than full range input, better capacitors and group regulation for a system with a GPU, but maybe that's just me. With this low of a budget you have to make sacrifices otherwise PSU manufacturers will lose money time after time.

Reactions: erifino10