[SOLVED] is the corsair cv450 decent?

erifino10

Commendable
Jul 16, 2018
Hey yall, i just wanna ask, is the corsair cv450 decent? I know that its group reg and have a sleeve bearing fan, but ive been using them for about a month or so, my question is, will it endure for 2 years? Since i wont be upgrading my system anytime soon, also does anyone have the inside pictures that i can see? I cant find any of it, probably because its still pretty new, my specs can be seen on my signature.

erifino10

Commendable
Jul 16, 2018
Not sure about US prices, but there is a PSU tier list on this forum, just google psu tier list and it should be the top result.
From there, just take the highest ranked one in your price point.
Don't go lower than B, but the A tier is much more recommended.
Well technically i dont live in the us ,im just converting it, but anyways, thx ill look at it later on

Don't use the tier list, it's hard to make a recommendation based on that, there are many variables that are too complicated to make a tier list on.

The best advice that we will give is when you tell us your full system specs and where you are from (including a website that we can use as a reference for prices).

erifino10

Commendable
Jul 16, 2018
Don't use the tier list, it's hard to make a recommendation based on that, there are many variables that are too complicated to make a tier list on.

The best advice that we will give is when you tell us your full system specs and where you are from (including a website that we can use as a reference for prices).
its on my signature as i said earlier

oh yeah i didnt pay attention to the last line, im from indonesia, here is the link to the store that i usually come, https://www.enterkomputer.com/category/19/psu/ , i shared the psu part of the link, remember its idr so ready your currency converter
Huh, I'm from Indonesia as well.

I have a spreadsheet that lists all good PSUs below 1M rupiah. Let me know if you have any more questions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l3Ivce7VDkIZWHyZivi7Dsod7URIVKeYcLvSsvnQkbc/edit?usp=sharing

erifino10

Commendable
Jul 16, 2018
Huh, I'm from Indonesia as well.

I have a spreadsheet that lists all good PSUs below 1M rupiah. Let me know if you have any more questions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l3Ivce7VDkIZWHyZivi7Dsod7URIVKeYcLvSsvnQkbc/edit?usp=sharing
well, lmao, anyways lets just keep it english, since this is a global forum, btw thx for the data, also i have an option to go for the fsp hv pro series but if im not mistaken they only reach 200-240vac instead of 100-240 like corsair's, so just in case theres a brown out i opt for the cv450, but group reg isnt that bad right?

Last edited:

IMO the tier list is quite capable.
It ranks the powersupplies to only a handful of tiers, and yes, there is a huge difference between say an RMi and an AXi psu, but both are A ranked since they are very good and reliable for most consumers.

well, lmao, anyways lets just keep it english, since this is a global forum, btw thx for the data, also i have an option to go for the fsp hv pro series but if im not mistaken they only reach 200-240vac instead of 100-240 like corsair's, so just in case theres a brown out i opt for the cv450, but group reg isnt that bad right?
FSP has DC-DC if I'm not mistaken, I'd take it over the Corsair. Group reg is that bad, especially if you are using a graphics card. Brown outs are not that often here.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
No tier list is perfect, simply because good vs. bad isn't on one handy little axis. But I guarantee you that every single person familiar with PSUs, when given the choice to use a randomly selected Tier A PSU and a randomly selected Tier D PSU is going to take the first option 100 times out of 100.

And the users the tier list is designed for isn't the hobbyists, but those who are picking PSUs randomly. And the crowd that's picking PSU's worse than randomly, the people choosing PSUs based on what's the cheapest or what has RGB lights or has some kind of Gamer in the name.

erifino10

Commendable
Jul 16, 2018
I am not sure to be honest, in my opinion you want to replace it with a better unit ASAP.
well, it will at least hang on for 2 years right? at the time of the build, the prices were inflating like hell, my original plan last year was to use a cm mwe450v2 or the seasonic s12iii with a 5500xt, but with prices these days, its way way over my budget, so i downgrade a little, and atm i didnt know that cv were based on vs, but my friend uses a vs650 for 2 years powering a 3500x and 1660 ti

well, it will at least hang on for 2 years right? at the time of the build, the prices were inflating like hell, my original plan last year was to use a cm mwe450v2 or the seasonic s12iii with a 5500xt, but with prices these days, its way way over my budget, so i downgrade a little, and atm i didnt know that cv were based on vs, but my friend uses a vs650 for 2 years powering a 3500x and 1660 ti
Yeah it's like smoking, maybe you are healthy but we don't know when our lungs will fail, because it eventually will.

erifino10

Commendable
Jul 16, 2018
It's very similar to the VS that Aris reviewed some time ago. It doesn't do well in CL tests.
Also, I found out that the fsp hv pro has foai caps while the cv450 uses a teapo caps, so if i were to ask you which one would you buy, was it better a dc-dc psu with foai caps or, a group reg with teapo caps psu? Since if im not mistaken foai caps are one of the low quality ones, while teapo is tier 2 in caps tier list, if youre saying its good enough (foai), i will prob change to the hv pro next year