Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato825

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2016
I have a brand new Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE just laying around and I know a lot of am4 coolers are compatible with am5 boards but only if they don't use a custom backplate but I don't know if this cooler does uses one for the amd installaiton. I do know that a custom backplate is used for the intel installation though. I just need to know if this cooler doesn't use a backplate for amd installation and is compatible with am5 or not.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-Series™-H100i-RGB-PLATINUM-SE-240mm-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060041-WW#tab-downloads
According to the online manual, it is. The cooler uses AMD's backplate.

@Aeacus, regarding the 2:15 timeframe - the custom Intel backplate aside, also in their hand is one-half of the AMD bracket that locks around the cpu block.
The unit doesn't have a custom AM4 backplate included.

Thanks for pointing it out.

I also checked the manual and yes, it does use the AMD bracket already on the MoBo, by using the clips, instead of custom backplate.

The video i linked threw me off, since bloke in there showed two brackets for pump + backplate/bracket and said it was for AMD mounting.

Potato825

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2016
Thanks for pointing it out.

I also checked the manual and yes, it does use the AMD bracket already on the MoBo, by using the clips, instead of custom backplate.

The video i linked threw me off, since bloke in there showed two brackets for pump + backplate/bracket and said it was for AMD mounting.
Ok can you, fact check me on this but im pretty sure it was said that any AM4 cooler that uses the default backplate on an AM4 motherboard would also be compatible with AM5.

Status
Not open for further replies.