[SOLVED] Is the Corsair H60 any good?

npapa014

Reputable
Dec 4, 2017
Hi all,

Here in Australia I can pickup a Corsair H60 to cool my r5 3600 for just $15 more than a Hyper 212 black, is it worth it? Or would the 212 be the better option?

Solution
Either cooler would work with a Ryzen 3600.
It does depend on you though, such as:
A)How often you change out parts - say, a cpu upgrade - and whether the cooler will still be adequate whenever that happens and for whatever it is.

B)Looks: entirely subjective. I can't help you there.

C)If you care about getting your bang for buck or not. Hybrid coolers are more expensive than the retail pricing suggests.
-The pump is an additional point of failure, and when it goes, you pretty much have to toss the whole thing out, save for the working fan(s). Most weren't designed to be serviced by the user.
-Best have a replacement cooler on hand for when the pump does go - anywhere from <1yr to 8 years - or go without the PC until you get the...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Either cooler would work with a Ryzen 3600.
It does depend on you though, such as:
A)How often you change out parts - say, a cpu upgrade - and whether the cooler will still be adequate whenever that happens and for whatever it is.

B)Looks: entirely subjective. I can't help you there.

C)If you care about getting your bang for buck or not. Hybrid coolers are more expensive than the retail pricing suggests.
-The pump is an additional point of failure, and when it goes, you pretty much have to toss the whole thing out, save for the working fan(s). Most weren't designed to be serviced by the user.
-Best have a replacement cooler on hand for when the pump does go - anywhere from <1yr to 8 years - or go without the PC until you get the replacement.
-Leaks: The companies have come a long way with this, but haven't been able to completely eliminate the possibility - like less than 10% today. Nowadays, they're usually caused by users being careless with them.
-If you're earning income and making a living, maybe none of the above matters all that much - if you get even a few years out of the H60, maybe that will be fine to you?
-With air coolers, you're just dealing with fan failures. The heatsinks last a lifetime, unless you ruin them yourself.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS