Is the Corsair RM750 PSU a good power supply?

G

I've heard it has rubbish CapXon capacitors and could be made out of bad components; but it is high up in Corsair's list of series (VS, CX, GS, TX, RM, HX, AX) and is 80+ Gold.

Is it good for my i5 4670k and R9 280x?

Solution

Yes you should be fine with the RM750. If those that say it's bad but can't provide a provable explanation of why it is bad then don't listen to them since they don't have a clue what they're talking about.
Corsair RM Series 750W:

Primary: Nippon Chemi-Con (420 V, 470 µF, 105°C, KMQ series)

Secondary Filtering: Ltec 105°C, LXY and LZG series

Secondary DC-DC converters: TAICON 105°C, (HH)P series

Where are those CapXon caps that you speak of? Corsair usually only uses them on models that have a 3 year or less warranty.

If you do decide to get an RM750 make sure its lot code is 1341 or later to avoid the unfixed pre-revision model with the thermal problem.

The RM series isn't that bad. It's not as good as the HX Series but it should be as good or better than the TX Series.

It's suppose to be the replacement for the TX and HX series as most of the TX and HX series models have already been discontinued.

There is also the new CS Series semi-modular 80 PLUS Gold efficiency which is suppose to be the replacement for the CX and maybe the GS Series. The CS series does use better quality components in its construction than the CX series.

G

hmmmm…… so i guess ill be fine with it then. Just that a lot of people say its a bad quality PSU- but not sure if they're just picky :D

Yes you should be fine with the RM750. If those that say it's bad but can't provide a provable explanation of why it is bad then don't listen to them since they don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Solution