[SOLVED] Is the Corsair VS650 good enough for my rig?

Dec 2, 2019
I want to buy this used Corsair VS650 for 30 $ only. I have a small budget on a PSU.

Specs on my pc:
i5 6500
AMD RX570 4gb
Asus Rog strix B250F
8 gb DDR4 ram

Is this PSU reliable enough? I will mostly use it for gaming and browsing.

Solution
Get the best psu you can justify. Just be very careful with the Corsair brand, you mention the VS, which is a 220v psu, so in your area will be many shady deals. There's a Lot of shops/websites that still have lots of the older Corsair units, that are named exactly the same as the new, better, upgraded units, but are not very good. The VS, CX-M, CX being the most available.

You'll need to look at the psu. The old VS has Yellow/White blocky lettering and should be avoided totally. Same with the CX-M/CX but those had Green/White blocky lettering.

All the new versions are quite superior, much better psus, and have black/silver sides. Look like this.

Do not buy any Corsair in...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

I have a small budget on a PSU.
The last thing you should ever go cheap on is the PSU.

The newer VS series are OK, but are still Corsair's lowest tier PSU and is made more very entry level systems. You'd ideally want a Corsair CX minimum for a gaming system. The VS will work fine, but it's not great quality by any means as it is ultimately a budget oriented PSU.

I've seen a number of systems damaged by the older VS series, the newer ones are better, but utimately, still Corsair's lowest quality PSU.

Reactions: Tresacting
Dec 2, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

The last thing you should ever go cheap on is the PSU.

The newer VS series are OK, but are still Corsair's lowest tier PSU and is made more very entry level systems. You'd ideally want a Corsair CX minimum for a gaming system. The VS will work fine, but it's not great quality by any means as it is ultimately a budget oriented PSU.

I've seen a number of systems damaged by the older VS series, the newer ones are better, but utimately, still Corsair's lowest quality PSU.
Does the Corsair CX 550M outstand?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Get the best psu you can justify. Just be very careful with the Corsair brand, you mention the VS, which is a 220v psu, so in your area will be many shady deals. There's a Lot of shops/websites that still have lots of the older Corsair units, that are named exactly the same as the new, better, upgraded units, but are not very good. The VS, CX-M, CX being the most available.

You'll need to look at the psu. The old VS has Yellow/White blocky lettering and should be avoided totally. Same with the CX-M/CX but those had Green/White blocky lettering.

All the new versions are quite superior, much better psus, and have black/silver sides. Look like this.

Do not buy any Corsair in that price range that has colors.

Solution