Is the cpu compatible with the motherboard?

salice

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
>.>

Heres my desktop specs:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=FQ424AA-PB-R

Everything is the same except for the grapic card, which I current have an ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 series.

To upgrade my desktop a expert here recommended me to get these items and said they were compatible:

ASRock N68C-GS FX AM3+ NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

ASUSTeK COMPUTER NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 ENGTX260/HTDI/896MD3/A

Since the motherboard and cpu is compatible and the cpu cant be return is there any other motherboard that will be compatible with my computer spec and the new cpu and psu and what not?

Thanks for the help

salice

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
the cpu is not returnable it can only be replace. newegg however allow a standard return policy for the motherboard. So any suggestion for another motherboard?

I don't get it. Do you have a prebuilt HP machine? If so how is the motherboard gonna be compatible? HP uses BTX boards and has special designs.

salice

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
I bought it from bestbuy so don't really know all info. I just asked around here for upgrades for my parts and reckon-uk said all thsoe parts were compatible and what not. so any advice is helpful for me

Well, he was right in one respect that the socket was compatible, but I'm guessing he didn't check TDP compatibility. Anyway, just look at what I said in my last post above. Something to try and 2 mobo's that I KNOW will work.

Yes, HP and Dell use BTX motherboards, yours is an ATX,
Make sure that it will fit in your HP machine before you make any purchase.

Also, if you don't wanna change the motherboard you can replace the CPU with the 955 BE 95W I linked above.

Well, they're compatible with the 965 at least. I can't speak as to whether or not they're compatible with the case (although looking at the case dimensions, they should fit, but I'm not sure about the screw holes lining up).

The 965 is on the support list, so it should be fine. I just don't like the chipset.

For somehow the size was a little bit different than the regular ATX boards, that's what I have experienced with my Dell XPS.