Is the DCR important ?

eliasrizik

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
hello,
i wanna buy monitor mostly for gaming,editing,movies ... and i stuck with 2 monitors but there different in size and DCR and i don't know if the DCR is important aspect or not.
Also i don't want it to be harmful for my eyes because i use pc alot.

Samsung LED S24D300HS: 24inch .... DCR : 1:1000
LG LED 22M47VQ-P : 21inch ... DCR : 5000000:1
thank you for helping :).

Solution
Dynamic Contrast Ratio
contrast ratio is the ratio difference between the whitest white and the blackest black that the monitor can display. dynamic CR means the monitor will adjust the contrast to make the dark, darker, and the whites whiter. dynamicly. done right it's nice, done wrong its bad.
as there is no set standard for measuring CR, much less DCR, it all boils down to marketing speak, a DCR like the lg is claiming is impossible, unless you are using the same imaginary measuring stick they are.

it cannot hurt you

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Dynamic Contrast Ratio
contrast ratio is the ratio difference between the whitest white and the blackest black that the monitor can display. dynamic CR means the monitor will adjust the contrast to make the dark, darker, and the whites whiter. dynamicly. done right it's nice, done wrong its bad.
as there is no set standard for measuring CR, much less DCR, it all boils down to marketing speak, a DCR like the lg is claiming is impossible, unless you are using the same imaginary measuring stick they are.

it cannot hurt you

Solution