[SOLVED] Is the Deepcool Alta 9 good enough to cool an overclocked i7-3770k?

Jun 26, 2020
I'm thinking of buying this i7 for a low price and want to know a good/cheap cooler for it while it's overclocked

Solution
Will that be enough to OC to 4.6Ghz?

Imposible to known since 4.6GHz is kinda a high oc for such an "old" chip (old is the sense that if its a used part it may have been oc already and so it could have some degradation. Its not the same "that high" if we are talking about a brand new CPU, which is probably not the case here).

Besides that:
  1. Not every cpu overclock the same.
  2. If that i7 have a few years of services so is unknown how much voltage would it need to be stable at 4.6GHz, and thus how much heat will it need to disipate.
  3. OC results also depend on the motherboard, ram and psu.
If you want cheapper thats the only one I can think about. It should be enough for a decent OC.

How much will it give you in...
Will that be enough to OC to 4.6Ghz?

Imposible to known since 4.6GHz is kinda a high oc for such an "old" chip (old is the sense that if its a used part it may have been oc already and so it could have some degradation. Its not the same "that high" if we are talking about a brand new CPU, which is probably not the case here).

Besides that:
  2. If that i7 have a few years of services so is unknown how much voltage would it need to be stable at 4.6GHz, and thus how much heat will it need to disipate.
If you want cheapper thats the only one I can think about. It should be enough for a decent OC.

How much will it give you in terms of frecuency?, imposible to know.

Solution
Jun 26, 2020

Besides that:

How much will it give you in terms of frecuency?, imposible to know.
Ok, thanks a lot