Is the Deepcool captain 240EX compatiable with ASRock X370 Killer Motherboard? + Help with first build?

Tronlo

Honorable
May 26, 2016
I am planning to upgrade my PC. I plan to leave components such as hard drive and GPU (780Ti) and I already got the case which is the NZXT H440.

I am planning to buy the following components:
Motherboard - ASRock X370 Killer
CPU - Ryzen 5 1600X
Cooler - DeepCool Captain 240EX White
Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 2400Mhz

I have checked on pcpartpicker the compatibility and it says the following:

The Deepcool - CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 153.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the ASRock - X370 KILLER SLI/ac ATX AM4 Motherboard.

So if it does need the adapter, where can I get it from? Also this would be my first build I am doing myself, so do I have to mount the liquid cooler above the processor or below the processor? And will all instructions regarding how to get the PC working after mounting everything be available in the manual? Do I update the mobo first thing? What do I need to do in Bios before installing windows?

Thank you and if u got some good first pc builder guides please share as well. I have previously upgraded parts like GPU, RAM and case but this will be my first time doing Mobo and having a liquid cooler.