Question Is the display being rendered by the gpu by default?

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
I have a basic intel integrated graphics card and am wondering if its using the monitor display or the integrated graphics card to render the image. When you go into nvidia and select a resolution theres no options but in scaling mode theres a rendering option of display or gpu. and i am assuming its by default being rendered to the screen by the display. If this has confused you I can try and explain further.

I don't really understand the question to be honest, but either way, the display does not render it's own images.
What renders the image is what you are connected to, meaning gpu.
Your nvidia GPU is what renders everything, and your intel igpu is offline or doing basically nothing.
You can manually turn it on, and even decide by program what you want your pc to use (the nvidia gpu or the intel gpu) and using that to route the igpu through the nvidia ports or vice versa.

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
I don't really understand the question to be honest, but either way, the display does not render it's own images.
What renders the image is what you are connected to, meaning gpu.
Your nvidia GPU is what renders everything, and your intel igpu is offline or doing basically nothing.
You can manually turn it on, and even decide by program what you want your pc to use (the nvidia gpu or the intel gpu) and using that to route the igpu through the nvidia ports or vice versa.
im saying this toggle isnt available unless you scale the screen itself. https://www.technewstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Nvidia-scaling-settings.jpg. im assuming its done by the display.

This toggle affects what happens when you use a resolution that is not the same as the display's resolution, whether it will stretch to fill the screen, leave black bars, etc.

If GPU is selected then the image transformation will be done by the GPU, if set to Display, then it will generally be left as-is and the result will depend on the display's aspect ratio control settings.

Reactions: nelska