Is the Emachines El1850G-42W CPU Upgradable?

Stanran

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hello. I have an eMachines EL1850G-42W(Which is the motherboard) Desktop Pc With a 320GB Western Digital HDD, Windows 7 32-Bit, 2GB's of DDR3 Ram, An Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor @ 2.6Ghz & An MSI Radeon HD6450 1GB DDR3 PCI-Express DX11 Graphics Card... What exactly do I have to change in my Pc, to be able to run new games, such as Black Ops 2 on high, to ultra settings?... Oh, and the Power Supply says 80 Watts Max - Max Continuous 220 Watts. I can play MW3 lag free, on Medium to Lowest Settings, but Black Ops 2, even on the lowest possible resolution, with all graphical features turned to off/low settings, still seems to lag, when close to other players. I heard that my CPU is good enough to play most new games, even though it's an old Processor, and that it's just my Ram & Graphics Card, that need changing. Is this true, or not? And last I checked, my Graphics card is higher than recommended for Black Ops 2, even though, it's a low profile card. IT has higher than needed Vertex & Pixel Shader, and such, needed for the game.... All help, would be appreciated.

Stanran

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

I wasn't looking to buy a new Pc, because I know the price would be more, than if I upgraded. I don't need a super fast future machine. That's why I'd like to upgrade this one, I have now. If putting in the Intel Core 2 Duo Dual-Core 3Ghz Processor, would at least get me running the Playstation 2 Emulator & games like Crysis 2 & My Black Ops 2, at full speed, then I'm happy. Just name what I should upgrade, in my machine, for at least what I've asked, and I'll get on it. Thanks. :)

rajaawad23

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
your graphics card is not made for games, it is made for watching the odd movie or two. you need to upgrade your GPU depending on you screen resolution you get the graphics card, if you want to play BO2 on high you should be looking at gtx660 or hd 7850 minimum. if you upgrade your gpu, thee cpu and ram will be bottelnecking your system. your cpu is made for web browsing, word documents and watching movies really, for games i recommend a core i3 minimum. for this to happen you need a new motherboard as you have a LGA775 and you need one of the newer sockets for i3 and up. your RAM is too low for gaming. consider atleast a 4GB. for your computer to accept 4GB you need a 64 bit OS. but your 32 will do for now. but for all this to happen you need a new power supply as 220W will not be able to run most graphics cards let alone other parts in your computer.

I hope this helps, sorry for sounding negative!

Stanran

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

I live in the Caribbean, so prices for components, are not cheap. So I'd say, I'd just be looking to spend $800, in all. What power supply would I need, for that board/case & what would be the USD pricing on it. I'll convert, myself. Also, why would I need a newer Graphics Card? Reviews showed it's good enough, for such games. ._. ... I just payed $600 for that card, at Christmas... Oi... I think the highest PCI- Express Card my board supports, is the AMD Sapphire Radeon HD6570 1GB DDR3 PCI Graphics Card, but maybe I'm wrong. And even so, I'd have to ship that here. This country has poor stock, on such components. I hate my life.

rajaawad23

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
core 2 duo will never be able to play blackops 2 and crysis 2 on max, even my quad core 3.2GHZ AMD cpu will struggle. crysis 2 is a very heavy game for graohics and cpu load. BTW what resolution do you plan on using?

Your computer is old and obsolete now and is not worth upgrading. To make it be able to play games you will need to upgrade the CPU, video card and Powersupply. By the time you do all that you could just get a new computer.

I don't know how much 600 of you dollars are to US dollars but it sounds like you got ripped off.

Stanran

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Someone said something about resolution... Well, The monitor that came with my Pc, supports up to 1366x768. So that for now. My monitor would be the last thing to upgrade. ._.

rajaawad23

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
with that resolution you may max out these games on the graphics card i have but i use 1920 * 1080 which makes it impossible for me! BTW as long as you have a PCI express slot any GPU with that slot will work even the latest and most powerful.

Stanran

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

Well, tbh, the card was $600, but the guy gave me $200 off, so I paid $400. And as far as the money thing goes.. 1 U.S.D =6TT Dollars. I'm in the Caribbean: Trinidad & Tobago. I just multiply everything in U.S.D, by 6, and I get what I'd have to pay. An Intel i3 is going to run me, close to $800-$1000.