is the EVGA 1080ti sc black cooler good enough ?

therios

Proper
May 3, 2018
i found one for 750$ but it has only 2 fans .. when there is the ftw3 for 850$ with 3 fans .. is it worth it in terms of cooling ? .. will the ftw3 cool that much better to be worth the extra 100$ ? i will be using the card for gaming .
thanks in advance =D

be care full some or all of the 1000 evga cards had heat issue with the vrm. there posting that evga had to push a firmware update to keep the cards from going up in flames. some of the 1000 cards they had to send out parts to end user to keep the vrm from overheating. look on youtube google evga cards go up in flames.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That was like 2 years ago, surely all those cards have been sold by now. Quite certain it was only the 1080s.

I had an eligible card, but just followed their online instructions and added my own thermal pads. Didn't seem to have had temperature issues before or after anyway.

therios

Proper
May 3, 2018

what about an extra 60$ for the asus strix oc card ?

WildCard999

Titan

The Strix cards are quite good and that would probably be a good idea. I think I paid about $100 extra for my 1080 ti however it's the Hybrid version that keeps the VRM's and GPU really cool, this was also when pricing was normal so it was $829.99

therios

Proper
May 3, 2018

im really out of budget .. i was supposed to get a regular 1080 and im going 200$ over budget for it so that would be hard to do .. so will having the sc black card be fine ? i will be using it for straight hours of gaming ,, so will it stay cool to last me 5 years ?