[SOLVED] Is the evga 700 bq going to be safe for my new build?

eekpeek

Commendable
May 20, 2020
Here are my parts
ryzen 7 2700x
rtx 2070
16gb 3600mhz ram
1tb hdd + 250gb ssd
6 rgb case fans

on the psu tier list this falls in tier four however if it was 50 watts more it would be tier 3
tier 4 psus are not reccommended but im tight on budget and ive had a evga 500w white psu that was completely fine. plus this one is semi modular which i need because my case's cable tray isn't too big. will i be fine with this psu because i dont want to burn up 1100 dollars worth of hardware

Solution
I had no clue that different wattage psu's had different architecture. I'm in US and my budget is around 1150 max. Also I can't tell if you meant to say I shouldn't be running it on a subpar psu.

Yes my phone autocorrected.

You don't want to be running over a grand worth of components on something that's of questionable quality

Antec gold pro $96, top quality unit with a 7 Year warranty.

It has to be worth the $30 or so extra over the Evga you were considering...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You're tight on money, but buy 6 rgb fans which if an any good brand cot quite the amount of money.
Other thing, you really need that 2700X or might the 3600 do fine as well, the latter is usually abit cheaper.

With saved money would a better psu be possible.

The 750w is tier 3 not because its 50w more but because its a completely different internal platform.

Evga are a nightmare for this kind of behaviour, you cannot assume units with the same model name are the same psu at all.

What country are you in?

What is your budget?

That's a nice component list, you should be running it on a subpar psu, it would be an absolutely stupid decision.

eekpeek

Commendable
May 20, 2020
You're tight on money, but buy 6 rgb fans which if an any good brand cot quite the amount of money.
Other thing, you really need that 2700X or might the 3600 do fine as well, the latter is usually abit cheaper.

With saved money would a better psu be possible.
1. 6rgb fans already come preinstalled in my 76$ case and 2 I was actually debating whether to buy the 2700x and 3600. Yes I'm not going to be doing editing or rendering but I will be streaming in the future but more importantly I want my system to be responsive with background tasks and even a game running which I don't think is possible with 6 cores? Call me crazy but I have a thing for snappy systems. I grew up with 3rd gen i5s and 4gb of ram so this is my first real build. And lastly what PSU do you recommend if this one is subpar. The be quiet pure power 11 700w would be perfect but it's not modular or even semi modular.

Last edited:

eekpeek

Commendable
May 20, 2020
The 750w is tier 3 not because its 50w more but because its a completely different internal platform.

Evga are a nightmare for this kind of behaviour, you cannot assume units with the same model name are the same psu at all.

What country are you in?

What is your budget?

That's a nice component list, you should be running it on a subpar psu, it would be an absolutely stupid decision.
I had no clue that different wattage psu's had different architecture. I'm in US and my budget is around 1150 max. Also I can't tell if you meant to say I shouldn't be running it on a subpar psu.

Last edited:

Yes my phone autocorrected.

You don't want to be running over a grand worth of components on something that's of questionable quality

Antec gold pro $96, top quality unit with a 7 Year warranty.

It has to be worth the $30 or so extra over the Evga you were considering.

https://www.newegg.com/antec-earthw...&ranSiteID=8BacdVP0GFs-MRPqF3XCiZy4u6aUYvg67Q

Solution

eekpeek

Commendable
May 20, 2020
1. 6rgb fans already come preinstalled in my 76$ case and 2 I was actually debating whether to buy the 2700x and 3600. Yes I'm not going to be doing editing or rendering but I will be streaming in the future but more importantly I want my system to be responsive with background tasks and even a game running which I don't think is possible with 6 cores? Call me crazy but I have a thing for snappy systems. I grew up with 3rd gen i5s and 4gb of ram so this is my first real build. And lastly what PSU do you recommend if this one is subpar. The be quiet pure power 11 700w would be perfect but it's not modular or even semi modular.
Ah, alright then. I think I'll opt for the 750 w version just to be safe.