[SOLVED] Is the extra cost worth it ?

ldotchopz

Commendable
Jul 22, 2019
Solution
First thing you should do is go to your motherboard maker website and check the QVL (Qualified Vender List) and see if both of these 256GB kits are listed.

From what I can check on Corsair page, yes there would be a difference in performance, but it will pretty much depend on the workload. My guess is that it should be a difference on everything, but nothing too bad.

On the other hand if you are sticking with this system for the next couple of years, spending on the 3200 kit does makes sense.
First thing you should do is go to your motherboard maker website and check the QVL (Qualified Vender List) and see if both of these 256GB kits are listed.

From what I can check on Corsair page, yes there would be a difference in performance, but it will pretty much depend on the workload. My guess is that it should be a difference on everything, but nothing too bad.

On the other hand if you are sticking with this system for the next couple of years, spending on the 3200 kit does makes sense.

Solution

ldotchopz

Commendable
Jul 22, 2019

thank you for this info, i will have to check this, its harder than i thought lol

Reactions: RodroX