Is the FX 8350 any good?

That video is more for recording and gaming, usually the i5/7 are 5-10 fps higher than the fx, and the i7 does not give better frames than the i5 in games. In bf3 the fx is only like 2fps behind so its more of a hard decision save $30 on the cpu for slightly worse performance if not recording/streaming. AMD boards usually have all sata 6gb/s ports where intel has like a half 6gb/s and half 3gb/s sata. Intel has pci-e 3.0 which doesnt increase performance rlly, both will have usb 3.0, intel uses less power but at stock speeds theres almost no difference, its when u overclock that power is an issue with the fx

I7 3770k will be better all around pretty much... but it costs $100-$130 more... i5 3570k will be better for gaming but the FX-8350 will be better than the i5 3570k for most multi threaded applications.

The FX8350 at $190 represents a good divide on value and performance. Gaming wise it's generally the fastest AMD CPU but in general computing it is signicantly faster than the previous generation FX parts and the Thuban and Deneb Phenom II's.

Relative to Intel. The FX 8350 does rather well at the price point generally keeps pace with the i5's, in heavy thread loads and integer workloads runs well relative to a i7.

horaciopz

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Yes, AMD FX 8350 is pretty good, but only in a compassion of Performance/price and what applications would you use.

Lets say, the AMD chip is better in most multi-threat application, for rendering and editing task as example, also some games that can use 8 threats like Battlefield 3 multiplayer online.

But if your needs focus more on high performance and lower energy consumption as strong single core application, Intel has the superiority.

An Intel i5 3570k is about 20 bucks more than AMD FX8350, both processor trade blows. At the end of the Fight none wins because some games and application runs better on one processor than other making them almost the same.

Just tell us what are you going to do? Because for todays gaming both processor are more than capable. The I7 3770k is kinda the same as I5 but it is... let´s say a 8 threats i5 that will actually beat the FX 8350 in everything, but... it cost a bunch more....

I'd recommend a after market cpu cooler if u didnt alrdy think of it, under load most cpus still get quite warm under stock cooling

True, intel have made overclocking for dummies look easy, literally click click done. Its a easy way to learn how to overclock. AMD chips are far more subtle when it comes to overclocking, its like performance tuning a Formula 1 race car on race weekend, you can overclock a AMD chip in 3-4 manners each vary in effect so I would suggest a Intel for beginner overclocking.

NO, NO, NO. I'm a subscriber to Teksyndicate, but rather lately they have really been misleading with their comparisons.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-processor-frame-rate-performance,review-32628-9.html

Look at this article Tomshardware just made with benchmarks of all CPUs under the price of £170. EVEN the i5-3550 DEMOLISHES the FX 8350.

There is no reason buying the FX 8350 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7wFKewAbgs - So says TimeToLiveCustoms which is kinda an AMD"fanboy", even though he needs to stay proffesional in his reviews, he explains that he really would like to see AMD succed, but they just don't on the CPU market.

Yeah I have been told how my FX parts don't game well, how my APU doesn't play games well with a discrete card, when you prove it otherwise they still don't believe you. Basically intel benchmarketing has made cynics of people.

twelve25

Distinguished
Seriously, it doesn't really matter. Get a high end AMD or Intel and you are going to get a great experience with any app. All this back and forth over 60 vs 70 fps here and 10 seconds faster render time here. It's not like you are picking a bride here (although some people seem to have an easier time making that decision than what parts to buy!)