Question Is the Gigabyte B450M-DS3H going to keep the 3300X's temps low?

DanteKid

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
I'm going to try and keep it short. I am planning on upgrading my PC and since I am 16 and my parents won't pay it for me I'm going to have to work all summer for it and I don't want to do any mistakes.

My specs right now:
CPU: Intel Core i5 6400
RAM: 1x8GB Kingston ValueRam 2133MHz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060
MoBo: Gigabyte B150-HD3 (i think)
PSU: DeepCool 700W (don't know exactly

So after I recently heard about the relase of new AMD CPUs that are of very good value I started thinking buy the 3300X instead of the 3600, because of the smaller price and the not so huge difference in gaming performance. I have seen a build on Youtube from boredatwork where he uses the B450M motherboard, but the cooling on it doesn't really strike me as "safest". As I am not the best in this matter I need to know if I can rely on this motherboard and make a plan for my upgrade. Btw I also plan on buying 2x8GB sticks of ram since I can't do much with the one I have now. And yes, this is the best I could do at keeping it short. Sorry in advance if there is already a thread on it somewhere. If there is please redirect me to it I would gladly read it.

kanewolf

Titan
I'm going to try and keep it short. I am planning on upgrading my PC and since I am 16 and my parents won't pay it for me I'm going to have to work all summer for it and I don't want to do any mistakes.

My specs right now:
CPU: Intel Core i5 6400
RAM: 1x8GB Kingston ValueRam 2133MHz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060
MoBo: Gigabyte B150-HD3 (i think)
PSU: DeepCool 700W (don't know exactly

So after I recently heard about the relase of new AMD CPUs that are of very good value I started thinking buy the 3300X instead of the 3600, because of the smaller price and the not so huge difference in gaming performance. I have seen a build on Youtube from boredatwork where he uses the B450M motherboard, but the cooling on it doesn't really strike me as "safest". As I am not the best in this matter I need to know if I can rely on this motherboard and make a plan for my upgrade. Btw I also plan on buying 2x8GB sticks of ram since I can't do much with the one I have now. And yes, this is the best I could do at keeping it short. Sorry in advance if there is already a thread on it somewhere. If there is please redirect me to it I would gladly read it.
I believe you will get a good performance bump by purchasing a 16GB (2x8GB) RAM kit. You are hurting your performance significantly by only having 1/2 the RAM bandwidth for your CPU.

DanteKid

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
I believe you will get a good performance bump by purchasing a 16GB (2x8GB) RAM kit. You are hurting your performance significantly by only having 1/2 the RAM bandwidth for your CPU.
Yes I know, but the question I am looking an answer for is "How are the temperatures looking on a Gigabyte B450M-DS3H?"

TRENDING THREADS