Question Is the Gigabyte B450m DS3H rev. 1.0 compatible with Ryzen 5 3400G?

Dec 24, 2019
I am planning on building a new PC and i want to definetely get the Ryzen 5 3400G. Now, as for the motherboard, i want to get one that is compatible with this 3rd gen cpu so that i dont need to upgrade the bios. Is the Gigabyte B450m DS3H rev. 1.0 compatible with 3rd gen cpus? I know that the B450m DS3H (without the 1.0) needs bios upgrade for 3rd gen cpus, but is the 1.0 version ready for ryzen 3000?

May 22, 2020
I am planning on building a new PC and i want to definetely get the Ryzen 5 3400G. Now, as for the motherboard, i want to get one that is compatible with this 3rd gen cpu so that i dont need to upgrade the bios. Is the Gigabyte B450m DS3H rev. 1.0 compatible with 3rd gen cpus? I know that the B450m DS3H (without the 1.0) needs bios upgrade for 3rd gen cpus, but is the 1.0 version ready for ryzen 3000?
It’s not compatible. I brought one that said it’s ready for the 3rd generation. It will not boot. I am buying another motherboard. Never will I buy another Gigabyte product

Dec 24, 2019
It’s not compatible. I brought one that said it’s ready for the 3rd generation. It will not boot. I am buying another motherboard. Never will I buy another Gigabyte product
Hey there. I eventually bought this mobo and it is 3rd gen ready with the f50 bios from the store. I put ryzen 3 3200g on it and everything is absolutely ok. Please make sure that the bios is updated or the store you bought it from is reliable before you go buy a new one. Also there maybe another problem that causes your pc t not boot, because computers are very complicated systems, especially if you build it alone first time like me. First make sure what the problem is. You can also get your mobo to a tech to upgrade your bios instead of buying a new one. Also, is your cpu compatible with the mobo?

Reactions: cwillzz
May 22, 2020
Hey there. I eventually bought this mobo and it is 3rd gen ready with the f50 bios from the store. I put ryzen 3 3200g on it and everything is absolutely ok. Please make sure that the bios is updated or the store you bought it from is reliable before you go buy a new one. Also there maybe another problem that causes your pc t not boot, because computers are very complicated systems, especially if you build it alone first time like me. First make sure what the problem is. You can also get your mobo to a tech to upgrade your bios instead of buying a new one. Also, is your cpu compatible with the mobo?

I have been building computers since late 80s. I got out of the PC world since 2003. I don’t know everything because change is constant in this field. I just don’t like the fact that they advertised as 3000 ready. No problem though.