[SOLVED] Is the GPU dead?

Fatonshibu

Prominent
Sep 29, 2019
I had an omen 15 laptop for around 3 months now. I didn't have any problems with heat or i didn't realize i had, but the temperature while gaming usually goes up to 75-80 degrees. I played games for a few hours and i shut it down for around 20 minutes. When i turned it back on, the system couldn't detect the graphics card.
my CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-9750H Processor
GPU is : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q
RAM: 16Gb.

Solution
What you can do is enter safe mode and use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the RTX 2070 driver. Then reinstall the Nvidia Driver on their website back in ''standard or non safe mode'' Windows. Make sure you don't uninstall the Intel IG driver. Then see if the GPU gets detected. Otherwise, you will need to try another system, preferably a desktop to see if it boots with the card to further troubleshoot the problem.

Fkort96

Great
Nov 17, 2019
What you can do is enter safe mode and use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the RTX 2070 driver. Then reinstall the Nvidia Driver on their website back in ''standard or non safe mode'' Windows. Make sure you don't uninstall the Intel IG driver. Then see if the GPU gets detected. Otherwise, you will need to try another system, preferably a desktop to see if it boots with the card to further troubleshoot the problem.

Solution
Jan 18, 2019
first of all, if you are within first 6 months since you bought it, it should not be your task to figure out whats wrong, if you have the possibilty return it or let them fix it; if you "fix" it yourself and run into problems later one it will be hard to return/let it repair on some retailers.

Fatonshibu

Prominent
Sep 29, 2019
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! i uninstalled my NVIDIA drivers in safe mode and now my laptop detects the GPU again.