Question Is The GTX 1030 Compatible with Foxconn 2ADA Core i3 16 GB DDR3 RAM?

Dec 30, 2022
My PC Specs:
Core I3 3240
Socket 1155 LGA
Mainboard Foxconn 2ADA PCI express 2.0 (5.0 GT/s)
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 Dual Channel.
I am thinking to add a gpu in my pc. But i have a interest to add GTX 1030 GPU on this motherboard. Also with compatiblity isuue, i’m listing GTX 730 4 GB/2GB GPU. Can someone give me solution that can i run 1030 with this system? or the 730 would be best?

My GOAL is to play games fluently.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
Im on hard budget!
1030 is the best i can go but im confused will 1030 work on this system?

is this your first time installing a GPU?
does your pc have a previous gpu installed or none?

if your pc does not have a previous GPU installed.
you can follow these steps.

1. For safety, download drivers only from the official Nvidia website. Driver 382.33 is on top of this search page.
I assume you have Windows 10. So download the 382.33 driver. Put it on your desktop. But don't install it yet!

2. Shut down your pc.

3. Open your pc case, and insert the GT 1030 into the proper pcie slot. Make sure to screw it properly into place.

4. Connect your monitor to the GT 1030. Preferably, use a monitor with HDMI port. Personally, was able to make my GT 1030 work using a DVI adapter - but I don't recommend doing that.

5. Turn on pc. The resolution would be very low, as in the icons would be big (lol). But don't panic. Now double click the 382.33 driver you previously downloaded. Choose to Install "Nvdia Drivers and Geforce Experience", then choose "Express Install" - if it's available, be sure to also tick the box "Perform a clean installation".

6. Let the driver finish installing

7. Enjoy gaming. :)

in case you ask. I did not use DDU at all, and it works fine.

if it's cpu integrated graphics (no gpu installed on the pc) to nvidia, then no DDU needed. Nvidia to nvidia, no ddu as well. The only time I used DDU was when going from AMD to Nvidia.

Last edited:

testeras

Prominent
Mar 13, 2022
If your current gpu or igpu is Amd or Intel

Idk for nvidia driver installation software never used it before, but amd software when selecting "clean install" will uninstall only Amd drivers, drivers of different brands will stay in pc if installed(nvidia, intel).

And i see that I3 3240 has HD 2500.

And in general drivers from different or same brands can conflict(conflicts can cause decreased performance and errors) and this method below completely cleans driver and its remains:
(Recommended to create restore point in windows before doing it)

1. Install "Display Driver Uninstaller" from guru3d, after install right click icon and in properties set run as administrator,

2. Check in Device Manager>Display adapter which current driver u have: Intel,Nvidia,Amd

3. go start menu search for "run" and open it then type "msconfig" you shoud find option Safe boot in "Boot" menu, checkmark safe boot(and select Minimal or Network) apply it and restart pc,

4. You shoud be in Safe mode now. Open Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU) Now select which gpu brand you want to uninstall(which one you have from step 2),
open "msconfig" again then uncheck safe boot and click apply(will ask you to restart dont do yet),
go back to DDU and click Clean and Restart .

5. You shoud be back in Normal windows now, turn off pc then insert and screw in gt 1030.

6. Now you can safely turn pc on and install drivers.

Last edited: