[SOLVED] Is the gtx 1070 ti enough for vr (Oculus rift)

Feb 28, 2019
So i am planning on buying the oculus rift, but i am no sure if the gtx 1070 ti will run the vr game smoothly in max reolution, and do i have to lower the details to medium or low in the new triple a titles to achieve the 90 hz?

My prosessor is i5-9600k and i have 16 gb ram ddr4

Thx in advance

Solution
For lower-end VR supported gaming yes, you can tinker with that settings list to get the right feel for your VR experience. However, most newer AAA titles that do VR require a 1080 or better in order to achieve the 1440p 90Hz needed to make you not feel your about to hurl. If that helps, great! If it doesn't, well, just got to look around, ask other friends that do VR.

EDIT: To note, a GTX1080TI will be needed with a 6c/12t i7 9th gen and 32GB of DDR4 RAM inorder to try VR in a Vurtual World like Second Life, or other virtual world like games out there.
May 3, 2019
For lower-end VR supported gaming yes, you can tinker with that settings list to get the right feel for your VR experience. However, most newer AAA titles that do VR require a 1080 or better in order to achieve the 1440p 90Hz needed to make you not feel your about to hurl. If that helps, great! If it doesn't, well, just got to look around, ask other friends that do VR.

EDIT: To note, a GTX1080TI will be needed with a 6c/12t i7 9th gen and 32GB of DDR4 RAM inorder to try VR in a Vurtual World like Second Life, or other virtual world like games out there.

Reactions: Antonpa
Solution