[SOLVED] Is the GTX 660 worth it?

TenekTek

Prominent
Jun 15, 2019
Hi, I've found a GTX 660 for $40 USD. It's compatible with my PC BIOS and the specifications are better than the 750Ti. Is it a good offer? My CPU is an I5-2310 and I have 8Gb of RAM, with a 450w PSU.

Solution
I'm trying to see if the GTX 660 is a good fit, not what my PSU is.
And I linked that picture because I explicitly asked to see what PSU you had and you replied with the name of a VGA cooler.

The reason the PSU was brought up is to avoid a cheap PSU failing and destroying your GPU shortly after you install it.

The GTX 660 is a good fit with your setup assuming it fits in your case.
Also, be aware your I3 may have issues in some more demanding modern titles.
What is the make and model of your power supply unit?

The thing that looks like this:
CP-9020171-AR-VS550_PSU_01.png

(well hopefully it doesn't since the VS units arent great)

I'm trying to see if the GTX 660 is a good fit, not what my PSU is.
And I linked that picture because I explicitly asked to see what PSU you had and you replied with the name of a VGA cooler.

The reason the PSU was brought up is to avoid a cheap PSU failing and destroying your GPU shortly after you install it.

Solution

TenekTek

Prominent
Jun 15, 2019

I replied with a GPU model because I misread what you said. Believe me, I'm not a tech noob, I just read it wrong, because GPU's were also mentioned in the sentence.
I have an I5. An I5-2310, not an I3.

I replied with a GPU model because I misread what you said. Believe me, I'm not a tech noob, I just read it wrong, because GPU's were also mentioned in the sentence.
I have an I5. An I5-2310, not an I3.
Lol. And I misread that.

Still, a sandy bridge I5 may have some issues in modern titles, but your I5+GTX660 should be a good combination for modern esports titles,