[SOLVED] is the gtx 770 compateble with motherboard medion ms 7797

Solution
Yes, it is compatible.
Anyway, the pciE slot on this motherboard is version 2.0, this producing a minimal bottleneck (a bit lower performance) with this pciE 3.0 videocard.
If bios is not latest version, it's good to update to the latest bios.
Yes, it is compatible.
Anyway, the pciE slot on this motherboard is version 2.0, this producing a minimal bottleneck (a bit lower performance) with this pciE 3.0 videocard.
If bios is not latest version, it's good to update to the latest bios.

Solution
No, good question, how can i check this?

Measure or look up the specs on the case card compatibility and same thing for the power supply. Check the rated wattage, brand and model of the power supply vs what the video card needs. All the needed info can be found with what you have. Size of the card you want will be in the specs for it as will the power needs. You can do a web search for your power supply brand and model to see if it's a decent one enough to run the card.

it doesnt fit in the slot

• The plate may be doing trouble with the PC case or the motherboard, if there is some space restriction. Typical issue for older and low-profile systems, that can be surrounded easily most times. Try putting the card without the metal plate. In the last two years all my three videocards' metal plates interfered negatively with the PC case, so with the previous two ones I did some rework of the plate, while the current GTX 1060 is just there without a plate, cuz the custom fans are holding it 90 degrees (angle, not Celsius) to the motherboard and it's cooling a litttle better in my case. (and I pissed off a bit with reworks). Prefer to use the PC horizontally temporarily if you remove the plate. I've used my Nvidia NVS 300 with the PC-case&mobo positioned vertically for a long time without a plate, but it's better to be horizontally until you rework the plate, in case it is the reason.
  • The plastic body onto the card (I forgot its official English name), where is also the cooling system (fans & heatsink) may be interfering somehow with the motherboard (space restriction-thing again). If this is the reason, it may be a bit more complicated to surround, though on my GTX 1050 the fan and the heatsink weren't dependent on it, so I just got rid of it and even temps got down a bit when I put back the GPU fan without the plastic thingy.
  • This is most likely not the reason, but still I'll mention it - if you have rotated the card on 180 degrees, ofc it cannot fit. The video outputs should be facing in the direction in which the USBs, VGA and other outputs are facing.

Last edited: