[SOLVED] Is the HD 5870 Good for 768p / 720p Gaming?

Oct 5, 2020
Hi. I'm looking to build a rig for $140 and i found this HD 5870 for $35 and wanted to know if it can run games on 720p / 768p. The CPU I'm going to use is either Core 2 Quads or I5 2400. Also the game I'm going to play is RDR2 On medium

Anyone with the card/ experience with the card would be helpful

Solution
You need to make sure your PSU is capable of delivering at least 550W of power to the entire system. You could use the HD5870 but for the amount of heat you're dumping into the system, you're better off getting something more, power efficient, like a GTX750Ti.

How is the rest of your build looking like? Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

Lutfij

Titan
You need to make sure your PSU is capable of delivering at least 550W of power to the entire system. You could use the HD5870 but for the amount of heat you're dumping into the system, you're better off getting something more, power efficient, like a GTX750Ti.

How is the rest of your build looking like? Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

Reactions: GmanHardware
Solution
Oct 5, 2020

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:
CPU: i5 2400
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA H61M DS2
Ram: 8gb DDR3
SSD/HDD: 1TB WD blue
GPU: As mentioned
PSU: 550W 80+ White
Case: Cheap Non-branded case

I forgot to mention that GTX 750 Ti are 2x more expensive used here
any other GPUs I could check for 768p Med?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS