Question Is the Intel EXPI9301CTBLK a good network card?

TYTSoldier

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2012
Lately when I've played PC games, my Internet sometimes briefly disconnects then reconnects but it boots me from games. I have an Ethernet cable connected from my wall outlet to a gigabit switch that I have my Windows 10 PC, TV, and consoles connected to. My PC GIGABYTE motherboard has a Killer E2200 Ethernet port. I'm not sure if that port is what's causing the disconnects, but other computers in the house don't experience these frequent brief disconnections (to my knowledge). Do you think this is a good network card that will hopefully solve the problem? If not, what card should I buy (or what else should I try)? If this doesn't work, I also might try buying new Cat 6 cables and a new switch (my current dlink is a little over three years old).

I would first try and connect your PC directly to the internet and bypass any Switches/Routers (if possible) to rule it out.

Secondly I would also try a different Ethernet cable then to rule that out.

Lastly I would go to your Mobos manufacturers download page and get the latest drivers for your Ethernet card. Its also possible there is a issue with the drivers and Windows and the default Windows drivers may work better.

Killer has all kinds of strange errors with their chipsets. You want to download the drivers from there site that does not have any of the silly killer "gamer" software.

It tends to be fairly stable with those drivers. Make sure you have it set so microsoft will not update drivers with patches.