Is the Kenwood 72x CD-ROM any good?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ron_Jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Wheeljawk, I read ur post regarding subchannel data. How do u know if ur cdrom reads this? I have a lot of old n' scratchy games (and my WIN NT4 Workstation disk) that I want to back up to a hard disk because it's getting harder to install them due to their poor condition. Some cd's copy to disk fine but others get copy errors. I have a cheapo no-name cdrom. What do I look for in a new unit to make sure it can backup my cd's properly? Thx in advance!

G

yeah i'll back you guys on the 16x from pioneer, i have had mine for a while and love it. but there is a media limitation on cds. it is not possible to read at more that 48x. you will do better to head over to dvd, the cd drive may only be 40x but you don't need any more than that. really. the dvd drive let's you read dvd's while there may not be many now they will come and a dvd drive isn't that much more than a cd drive. i got my pioneer for 180(canadian about 75 cents US) back in the summer