[SOLVED] Is the Lancool II non-mesh really no good?

W.D. Stevens

Prominent
Sep 17, 2020
Hi all,

I've been flip-flopping on a bunch of cases. Each one I've considered seems to be almost right but not quite. While I like RGB, them as front case fans have never really looked that great to me but the RGB intake vents really appeal to me. I've been staying away from completely solid fronts. I just haven't been a fan of the mesh designs so I thought the grille intakes would be a happy medium given they're not tiny slits way off to the side but take up an okay amount of the front panel. I'm planning a 5900X/3060 build with either a top 240 or front 360 Enermax Liqfusion AIO. I'm going to use 3xArctic P12s as front intake either by themselves or replacing the fans the AIO comes with if I front-mount. GN's review of the case put it 9-10 degrees warmer than the fully mesh version under load which isn't great. Their setup was 2x front 140mm and 1x rear 120mm so I thought that maybe by having an AIO and those very good Arctic P12s, I might be able to bring the temps down just a bit. Given that configuration, am I shooting myself in the foot by going with a case that doesn't have a full front mesh?

My other option was going with a Deepcool CL500 which I still like (the grey metal should match nicely with my B550 Steel Legend) with the same fan/rad config options. I'm just sad to lose some front RGB and I really would prefer 3 hard drive slots vs 2 (I'm intending to run it as a video editing workstation with the source media on the 3 HDDs in RAID0 with the originals backed up elsewhere of course).

Solution
D
I have the Lancool II i love it. I wouldnt not get it over the mesh version unless like like the way it look. The mesh offers more air flow. Im waiting for the Mesh kit to go on sale so i can upgrade my Lancool 2
D

Deleted member 1560910

I have the Lancool II i love it. I wouldnt not get it over the mesh version unless like like the way it look. The mesh offers more air flow. Im waiting for the Mesh kit to go on sale so i can upgrade my Lancool 2

Solution