Is the LG 24GM79G-B really a TN 5MS ? Is this adapted for Gaming?

master-i

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Hi,

I want to buy this LG 24GM79G-B but I saw that the GTG & response time is 5MS NOT 1!

So I wonder if I should go for the Benq xl2411z instead which is 144hz & 1ms ...

I don't understand why LG make still 5ms even for gaming :O

Solution
yeah, first i thought he lg was an ips panel. if that was the case, i would still have suggested lg. but found it otherwise. zowie monitors have great track record. they r esports certified.
So much more to it to be honest. Go read a review on tftcentral and that will tell you some things to look out for. For gaming input lag would be a litte more important to me. The GTG response listed by the manufacturer isn't the best to go off of you really want to know how the response time really performs.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/

parkour47

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Advertized response times can vary more than you'd think between manufacturers, compared to a measured test. The real world difference between 1ms and 5ms is barely noticeable, though, especially at high frame rates. I would still opt for the LG, personally.

master-i

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
I just edited my title, I read a lot about the response time but my question is more related about this specific monitor :/

@parkour @Lucky_SLS it looks like the LG has a feature called "1ms Motion Blur Reduction" and when you activate it, you should have 1MS ...

https://pcmonitors.info/lg/lg-24gm79g-144hz-full-hd-gaming-monitor/

master-i

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

Yeah that's why I'm so confused. What is your advice?

parkour47

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
The LG's motion blur reduction feature is really backlight strobing. It improves picture clarity, reducing perceived blur and ghosting, et al.. It does not affect response time.

As James mentioned above, a better measurement in terms of your gaming experience would be input lag. Both the LG 24GM79G-B and BenQ XL2411Z are measured at 10ms. Anything below 20ms is considered "excellent", by industry standards. Professional gamers would say 15ms or below.