[SOLVED] Is the MasterBox MB520 RGB a reliable case? Or should I get the MB530 P instead?

Jan 13, 2019
Hi everyone, I've recently bought the MasterBox Pro 5 RGB just to realize that it probably doesn't have enough cooling for my Ryzen 2600x and RTX 2060. Because of this I going to buy the MasterBox MB520 RGB because it's an upgrade for the same price. However I saw that the MB530 P is also an option. I know that the MB530 is the better case, but it costs more, and I think that the MB520 is all I need. However, I could only find a MB520 on Amazon, and they were all out of stock on newegg. This made me think that the MB520 is not a reliable case. Is this true?

Solution
I also purchased the MB Pro 5 RGB and am looking to switch as well. Being my first build I didnt anticipate getting into overclocking so I didnt see the need for top vent/radiator mount, but I've been left unimpressed with the restrictive airflow of the front panel. Under load my I5 8600K and 1070Ti running bone stock settings runs, on average, 4 degrees cooler on the CPU and 2 degrees cooler on the GPU with the front panel off.

With that being said everything is well within what is considered safe temp limits, but I think I can safely assume that once I go down the OC route and want to add a CPU cooler this case wont be ideal for that setup.

Tag

served_usmc

Commendable
Jan 15, 2019
I also purchased the MB Pro 5 RGB and am looking to switch as well. Being my first build I didnt anticipate getting into overclocking so I didnt see the need for top vent/radiator mount, but I've been left unimpressed with the restrictive airflow of the front panel. Under load my I5 8600K and 1070Ti running bone stock settings runs, on average, 4 degrees cooler on the CPU and 2 degrees cooler on the GPU with the front panel off.

With that being said everything is well within what is considered safe temp limits, but I think I can safely assume that once I go down the OC route and want to add a CPU cooler this case wont be ideal for that setup.

Tag

Solution

TRENDING THREADS