[SOLVED] Is the memory part number important?

zwtch_17

Commendable
Dec 18, 2021
I recently looked into the supported memory on the ASUS TUF B550M-E website page. So, I want it paired with an ADATA XPG spectrix D50 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz with a part number like this: AX4U32008G16A-DW50, but I can't find the part number on the website. Does that matter? If that's not so important, will it affect the computer's performance?

Also, the website does not add the 2x8GB kit, just the 8x8GB, 16GB, and 8GB kits.
memory filter I use on the website:
vendor: ADATA
Ram speed: 3200
and leave the rest.

ASUS B550m-E link:

ADATA SPECTRIX D50 link:

If there is anything wrong with my question, please correct me. Thank you.

Solution
Memory QVL's are meant to state to the target audience/potential buyer that the ram kit listed in said QVL were used in their labs when testing, with their motherboard, prior to launch. If they included every kit on the market then the board wouldn't see the light of day(release). If you're on the latest BIOS version you should be good to go with any dual channel ram kit out there. Klevv, Mushkin, Crucial, Corsair, Kingston, Thermaltake...should all work.

Lutfij

Titan
Memory QVL's are meant to state to the target audience/potential buyer that the ram kit listed in said QVL were used in their labs when testing, with their motherboard, prior to launch. If they included every kit on the market then the board wouldn't see the light of day(release). If you're on the latest BIOS version you should be good to go with any dual channel ram kit out there. Klevv, Mushkin, Crucial, Corsair, Kingston, Thermaltake...should all work.

Last edited:
Solution