[SOLVED] Is the motherboard dead or the PSU?

jm.planteras

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018
so it happen last week and still haven't gotten repair cuz of covid, my only question is which one is dead the motherboard or the psu. When i plug my psu to the outlet the light of keyboard and mouse are showing up but the computer wont boot, I even jumpstart the motherboard but it dint do anything, so which one is broken the PSU or Motherboard? if none of this maybe the CPU but what ive heard it is so rare for a ryzen to be fail unless it was on OC which I don't like.

Specification:
Gigabyte A320
RAM 4GB TEAM ELITE
RYZEN 3 2200G
PSU Nuetron 700W

Solution
In this case, I would change the RAM and wait for your system to boot. The next step will depend on the outcome.

Note* I am not asking you to purchase a new one here, but to see if you find from someone else which is compatible and running. Such problems can be complicated sometimes.

Keep us updated. :)
"PSU Nuetron 700W"

Most likely it's that which is faulty as it's a very low quality brand. Don't fit cheap stuff like that, your entire PC depends on the PSU being reliable, and that one definitely isn't. It's not totally dead yet 'cos peripherals still light up, but it could still be faulty, and when it does die it could kill something else with it --- so get it changed fast.

Recommended/popular brands are Corsair, Seasonic & EVGA as you'll see if you read posts from system builders.

Reactions: jm.planteras
I'm sorry new PSU didn't fix it, but you must appreciate It's not easy to say which component is definitley causing the problem. I will leave this thread now because I don't want to get it wrong again and causing you to waste your money. Please wait for other helpers to reply, or start a new thread if replies aren't forthcoming.

Reactions: jm.planteras

jm.planteras

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018
I'm sorry new PSU didn't fix it, but you must appreciate It's not easy to say which component is definitley causing the problem. I will leave this thread now because I don't want to get it wrong again and causing you to waste your money. Please wait for other helpers to reply, or start a new thread if replies aren't forthcoming.

I dont mind and you're right I must buy decent PSU for this kind of build

ben001

Distinguished
Possibility, as Mr. Phillip taking you in the right way.

Hello :)

Troubleshoot is your answer at the moment.

I feel that your weak power supply caused a little trouble. Due to unstable voltage regulation, it might damage one of your key components that can be your motherboard (somewhere). Will it be possible for you to try to run your components on a different system except for your MB?. See if it is functioning.

Last edited:

jm.planteras

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018
Update: My pc just turn on without ram, so before I plant troubleshooting again I remove my ram and press turn on button in case after few hours its everything spin at all like lmao.

Could it be the ram is the problem of everything?

ben001

Distinguished
In this case, I would change the RAM and wait for your system to boot. The next step will depend on the outcome.

Note* I am not asking you to purchase a new one here, but to see if you find from someone else which is compatible and running. Such problems can be complicated sometimes.

Keep us updated. :)

Solution

jm.planteras

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018
Update: since my pc boot up yesterday i did some few check, I check my HDD and SSD everything is completely good, and I check my RAM using memorytest86 and no error at all, is there way to check motherboard using window ?

ben001

Distinguished
Update: since my pc boot up yesterday
May I know how it happened?.

Update: since my pc boot up yesterday I did some few check, I check my HDD and SSD everything is completely good, and I check my RAM using memorytest86 and no error at all, is there way to check motherboard using window?
Alright, now the system is able to boot to your windows screen. That's good news your problem is almost getting near to a solution based on your thread.

I check my HDD and SSD everything is completely good, and I check my RAM using memorytest86 and no error at all, is there way to check motherboard using window?
And, now we are shifting towards a different subject. There's no specific software for testing a motherboard on windows, but performing a successful benchmark test can be an option using any diagnostic software like Aida64. Such a test can tell you a lot if there's an issue with your components. :)

Last edited:

jm.planteras

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018
Over all test (1,2) not sure if you guys can see but those are the overall test using Aida68 Extreme(trail), I stress CPU,FPU,cache.. im not good at this but for me everything is fine I think haha.

ben001

Distinguished
A screenshot would be great!

Just to check if your system causing any abnormalities during the test. So far you have realized everything went well. Trail version is fine, I hope you have updated yourself a bit more about your system's status with this. Looks like you are happy with the system at the moment, should we call it as solved based on your thread?. :)

Update: since my pc boot up yesterday
I am still curious about this if you can explain it a bit.

jm.planteras

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018
A screenshot would be great!

Just to check if your system causing any abnormalities during the test. So far you have realized everything went well. Trail version is fine, I hope you have updated yourself a bit more about your system's status with this. Looks like you are happy with the system at the moment, should we call it as solved based on your thread?. :)

I am still curious about this if you can explain it a bit.
I did some screenshot just click 1,2. about what happen that day, before removing my RAM i drain all first my power by holding power button afterwards that's the time I remove my RAM and press power buttkn again in a few minutes or probably an hour I came back tk my room and saw my fans and cpu fans are spinning without a RAM! so im short my pc boot without RAM and I did removing CMOS and it boot too

ben001

Distinguished
I did some screenshot just click 1,2. about what happen that day, before removing my RAM i drain all first my power by holding power button afterwards that's the time I remove my RAM and press power buttkn again in a few minutes or probably an hour I came back tk my room and saw my fans and cpu fans are spinning without a RAM! so im short my pc boot without RAM and I did removing CMOS and it boot too
Draining power was necessary when you are using a new power supply on a used system and removing CMOS another good step. I think you did your part. Anyways, do not hesitate to return us back if you encounter any issue with your system once again. Sometimes computer problems are typical to understand, but we try our best to solve them.

Have a good day ahead.

TRENDING THREADS