Is the MSI B350 GAMING PLUS a good motherboard for ryzen 1600?

Sean_106

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Is the MSI B350 GAMING PLUS a good motherboard for ryzen 1600? Amazon is running a deal and might buy it but heard that you shouldnt get it for ryzen 1600.

Solution

Thats so true. We all understand, and have had the same considerations.

The thing is, some people have problems with specific mobo's or brands. You will find all sorts of horror stories about Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, ASRock etc. But, for the most part they are the exception. If those manufacturers were to sell products that were always failing, sure no one would buy them.

As Justin said, it will run it fine. On a hardware level, the MSI mobo is as good as any other in the price range. Are there exceptions where a mob will fail, YES, but that applies to all manufacturers.

If the MSI fits in your budget, and is available, it...

Thats so true. We all understand, and have had the same considerations.

The thing is, some people have problems with specific mobo's or brands. You will find all sorts of horror stories about Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, ASRock etc. But, for the most part they are the exception. If those manufacturers were to sell products that were always failing, sure no one would buy them.

As Justin said, it will run it fine. On a hardware level, the MSI mobo is as good as any other in the price range. Are there exceptions where a mob will fail, YES, but that applies to all manufacturers.

If the MSI fits in your budget, and is available, it will compliment the 1600 perfectly. It's actually a very decent board. I wouldn't knock it from having reviewed it, and practically every other B350 out there. I've an Asus B350 Prime Plus. It rocks. Great OC'er, both CPU and ram. I'm happy out. Yet some of the posts I've read knock it. You'll get the same with literally every mobo out there.

Solution
Let me put it this way. If I were buying a Ryzen CPU today, this motherboard would be my #2 pick... right behind the MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic, because white boards look sick. As far as B350 motherboards go, MSI and Gigabyte make the best ones. This is exactly what you'd expect, feature wise, from a mid range gaming board.