Question Is the MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 compatible with a GA-970A-D3P motherboard

Jun 9, 2019
I have tried installing two separate 1650's on my GA-970A-D3P motherboard and Windows never recognizes the card, and when I try to install the drivers Nvidia say's its not compatible with this version of Windows( I even reinstalled Windows and made sure there was no pending updates) After no resolution I just reinstalled my old card and installed the drivers with absolutely no issue. My only answer at this point is a compatibility issue since my old card still works.
Any clue on the issue?

Jun 9, 2019
Sorry I should have explained, I was replacing my old graphics card(Gtx 650) with a 1650. I was gifted the first 1650 card and installed it and could never solve the issue, I returned it and purchased a different 1650 and tried installing it and still could never get Windows to recognize the card and Nvidia always prompted saying that it was not compatible with my version of Windows 10.

Processor - AMD FX 8320 3.50 GHz

Motherboard - Gigabyte ATX Socket AM3+ AMD 970 Chipset 2000MHz DDR3 SATA III 6Gbps Ready AMD 9 Series FX Motherboards GA-970A-D3P

Power Supply - EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W, 100-W1-0500-K3

RAM - Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz

GPU- EVGA Gefore GTX 650

Is your system BIOS fully updated as well ? Okay, so you can boot your OS, but you cannot install the 1650 GPU drivers, right ?? What's the exact make and Model number of this GPU ? There MIGHT be some compatibility issue, though we can't jump on any conclusion, as of now.

Are you installing the correct driver version as well ? Just make sure you are installing the GAME ready drivers/GRD, and not the Creator version/CRD. Also, there are 2 driver types, DCH and Standard. Which one did you install ?

By the way, DCH drivers cannot be installed over Standard Drivers, and Standard Drivers cannot be installed over DCH Drivers. The choice must be made after a cleaning via DDU.

To check which display driver type you need, right-click over the Windows desktop -> select NVIDIA Control Panel -> click on the System Information link on the bottom left hand corner of the NVIDIA Control Panel -> look at text that follows “Driver Type”. You should see one of the following : DCH or Standard, assuming you are able to install the drivers.

Also make sure you are installing the correct driver version as well, i.e 64-bit if using a 64-bit OS, and not 32-bit.

Jun 9, 2019
The card I am currently trying to install is a MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650( G1650GX4 )

I used Nvidias advanced search to find the specific model driver, and the type I installed is the Standard driver after I used DDU.

When the card was installed I couldn't access Nvidia control panel, the only display adapter that was listed was the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
Since I put my old card back in for the time being I opened up Nvidia Control Panel and in the system information I couldn't find "Driver Type" only "Driver Version".

And yes Gigabyte does have a update for the Bios.