Is the new dell Inspiron 17 5000 good for gaming

jdog123

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
Dells released the new Inspiron 17 5000 ryzen Powered laptop with vega graphics. Can these laptops handle gaming?

Solution
Well, I know they have Intel i7-7000u configurations of it too, and from what I've seen, GTA IV runs on a 7000u, but with lowered settings and as low as 25 FPS in places, so I doubt a Ryzen would do very well on current games. You really need a dedicated GPU for current games. It all depends on what you want to play and what settings and FPS you're OK with though.

The way you check for such info is to type the name of a game you're interested in, the CPU model, and YouTube into a Google search. If you're talking laptops that just use the integrated graphics on the CPU, disregard any links that show a dedicated GPU as well.
Well, I know they have Intel i7-7000u configurations of it too, and from what I've seen, GTA IV runs on a 7000u, but with lowered settings and as low as 25 FPS in places, so I doubt a Ryzen would do very well on current games. You really need a dedicated GPU for current games. It all depends on what you want to play and what settings and FPS you're OK with though.

The way you check for such info is to type the name of a game you're interested in, the CPU model, and YouTube into a Google search. If you're talking laptops that just use the integrated graphics on the CPU, disregard any links that show a dedicated GPU as well.

Solution