Is the new rumored Ryzen 3000 series worth the wait?

Dec 8, 2018
Good day everyone,

I recently purchased all my parts for a new AMD build. I went for a Ryzen 7 2700x  as my CPU. My current computer is still very functional but just way out of date (fx series with ddr3 ram, etc.) and I was only planning on using this new PC in 2019 since I still have to purchase a monitor that will actually work with my new build. 

I've yet to build the PC but all the parts are ready to go. 

Even more recently, rumors about the new Ryzen 3000 series coming out surfaced. Rumors have it that the new series will offer comparable prices and obviously better CPU's then the previous. 

My question is, since I do not intend on using the new build right away, should I consider returning my purchased CPU (Ryzen 7 2700x) to buy a comparable priced Ryzen 3000s when it releases in 2019?

Thank you for reading this.

Solution
I generally never recommend buying hardware ahead of time unless its an extremely good deal, or something that wont be replaced easily, like a keyboard.
I say return it and decide for yourself once youre ready to build. Prices change all the time, new products disturb the market, and so on.
Planning ahead almost never works.
It's all leaks, rumours and speculation right now. The smart advice is as always: buy it with confidence if you need it right now, if you can wait then wait. So, based on what you say you don't really need it right now so I'd return the 2600x and see what Ryzen 3000 brings. It almost certainly can't be worse.

I generally never recommend buying hardware ahead of time unless its an extremely good deal, or something that wont be replaced easily, like a keyboard.
I say return it and decide for yourself once youre ready to build. Prices change all the time, new products disturb the market, and so on.
Planning ahead almost never works.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

1. Don't buy parts that much ahead of time. 30 days max.

2. If you send if back and wait until the Ryzen 3000 series, you'll be hearing rumors about the 4000 series, and whatever is coming next from Intel.

As above. Send this CPU back, and whatever else you bought for this new PC.
30-60 days prior to actual assembly, and after actual 3rd party reviews are out...that is when you actually buy the parts.
It might be that the Ryzen 3000 is released, and 2 weeks later a major flaw is found in the initial release.
Patience is the key here.