Question Is the Nvidia Quadro P2000 GPU able to support two 27" DisplayPort monitors at 144 hz refresh rate?

Mar 16, 2020
I have a Boxx work station desktop (32GB RAM, Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHZ)

I am currently using two older Dell 21" monitors at 1680 X 1050 landscape resolution with DisplayPort-to-DVI adapted cables to view the PTC Creo Parametric 3.0 CAD software files.

If I upgrade to a pair of Spectre 27" curved 144Hz gaming LED monitor edge-less FreeSync compatible 2x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort, then will the monitors overwork the Nvidia Quadro P2000 graphics card and/or the desktop's 750W Seasonic power supply? I plan on using the DisplayPort cables to connect, but the option for HDMI is there at the Nvidia Quadro P2000 graphics card and Spectre monitor(s) too.

Nvidia Quadro P2000 graphics card max power comes in at under 75 watts .

The P2000 supports HDR color for 4K at 60Hz for 10/12b HEVC decode and up to 4K at 60Hz for 10b HEVC encode. Each DisplayPort connector is capable of driving ultra-high resolutions of 4096 x 2160 at 120 Hz with 30-bit color.

Reactions: baha_timimi
Mar 16, 2020
Each DisplayPort connector is capable of driving ultra-high resolutions of 4096 x 2160 at 120 Hz with 30-bit color.

I HAVE OPTED TO USE A PAIR OF DELL U2410 MONITORS FOR THE TIME BEING WHILE WORKING REMOTELY (office is suspending operations for two weeks+ due to COVID-19 and the county state of emergency that is in effect)

Thank you for the reply, but I did not understand the answer pertaining to IF the pair of Spectre 27" curved monitors with their 144hz refresh rate (or another option of a single Spectre 32" curved monitor with 165hz refresh rate) would be out of spec for the Nvidia Quadro P2000 GPU - using the DisplayPort cable to attach. I had expected a YES/NO answer. Thanks again for the detailed answer.

Mar 16, 2020
How are you working remotely? RDP? RemoteFX? Just curious since you've got a heavily video dependent workflow.

We are using a VPN to access the company's network to upload revised work and download required files stored in PTC Windchill 10.2 software.
The CAD work is created/modified in PTC Windchill Workspace(s) and saved via "uploads" & "check-ins" over the network to the PTC Windchill Commonspace.
Using VPN to access the network enables each of us to access company e-mail and other shared licenses for Microsoft Office 365 tools. We use Zoom office apps to conference call and video web-based meetings.

Thank you for assuring me that the video card (Nvidia Quadro P2000) would be suitable to running a single Sceptre (not Spectre) 32" (curved) monitor with its 165hz refresh rate, or a pair of Spectre 27" (curved) monitors with their 144hz refresh rate via DisplayPort cable(s) - and that the 750W Seasonic power supply would be sufficient to support the needs of the Boxx desktop 32.0 GB RAM and Intel i7-9700K CPU (on non-known motherboard)...

We are using a VPN to access the company's network to upload revised work and download required files stored in PTC Windchill 10.2 software.
The CAD work is created/modified in PTC Windchill Workspace(s) and saved via "uploads" & "check-ins" over the network to the PTC Windchill Commonspace.
Using VPN to access the network enables each of us to access company e-mail and other shared licenses for Microsoft Office 365 tools. We use Zoom office apps to conference call and video web-based meetings.

Thank you for assuring me that the video card (Nvidia Quadro P2000) would be suitable to running a single Sceptre (not Spectre) 32" (curved) monitor with its 165hz refresh rate, or a pair of Spectre 27" (curved) monitors with their 144hz refresh rate via DisplayPort cable(s) - and that the 750W Seasonic power supply would be sufficient to support the needs of the Boxx desktop 32.0 GB RAM and Intel i7-9700K CPU (on non-known motherboard)...
Very neat. It didn't surprise me that you're not using remote access into your work system as the video performance would be horrible.

You're welcome and I hope you enjoy it when you're able to get back in the office. :) I run a single Dell 3007wfp and love it.

May 25, 2020
Yo uso nvidia quadro p2000. la temperatura inactiva de mi tarjeta gráfica es 105 ° F ¿Cuál es la temperatura máxima de su tarjeta gráfica y cuál es la temperatura inactiva?

Latest posts