[SOLVED] Is the NZXT M22 a good choice for AIO?

Jan 27, 2020
Im stuck with either a 360mm AIO cooler or 120mm AIO cooler. I can only mount a 120mm at the rear and 360mm at the front. No top mounting for Cooler master mb500.

Is NZXT M22 good enough as an AIO?
Any thoughts on this?

Solution
its only an i5 8400 but you must understand I am running a vega 56. The temps inside the case is really really really warm
Your probably better off using a decent air cooler for the CPU with the airflow pulling air from the front of the case (with the stock intake fans) and having everything blow out of the back of the case. Even with a Vega 56 the 8400 shouldn't be overheating in that case but at least with the aftermarket cooling it will keep temps well within safe limits and increase airflow so your getting that hot GPU air out of the case.

This aftermarket cooler would work well and is RGB so it can match your case fans for aesthetics.

PCPartPicker Part List
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black...
It's not great. A lot of high end air coolers will outperform it. But it is "good enough" for even a mild oc on most chips. You can definitely mount a 280mm or 240mm in the front. There is space for up to 2 140mm or 3 120mm fans, but not all of them have to be taken up by a radiator.

Reactions: Artixxxx
Jan 27, 2020
It's not great. A lot of high end air coolers will outperform it. But it is "good enough" for even a mild oc on most chips. You can definitely mount a 280mm or 240mm in the front. There is space for up to 2 140mm or 3 120mm fans, but not all of them have to be taken up by a radiator.

Yeah I could put 240mm rads but the tube would either be too stretched. Also only a few brands have long cables and most of them, I cant really say if the quality is good. I do think coolermaster have long cables though but I heard bad revuews about the fittings they use in their tubes.

Jan 27, 2020

Sooo would you say temps are bad? For the m22 I mean. Is it worth it? Or should I just wait and add a few bucks and a buy a 360mm AIO? Because m22 can also be pricey. Does it have good price to perf?

Btw coolermaster mb500 looks weird with 140mm fans HAHAHA

WildCard999

Titan
its only an i5 8400 but you must understand I am running a vega 56. The temps inside the case is really really really warm
Your probably better off using a decent air cooler for the CPU with the airflow pulling air from the front of the case (with the stock intake fans) and having everything blow out of the back of the case. Even with a Vega 56 the 8400 shouldn't be overheating in that case but at least with the aftermarket cooling it will keep temps well within safe limits and increase airflow so your getting that hot GPU air out of the case.

This aftermarket cooler would work well and is RGB so it can match your case fans for aesthetics.

PCPartPicker Part List
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $44.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-04 08:15 EST-0500

You could even mount a 2nd fan for a push/pull effect.

Reactions: extreme_noob
Solution
Jan 27, 2020

PCPartPicker Part List
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $44.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-04 08:15 EST-0500

You could even mount a 2nd fan for a push/pull effect.
I was considering buying an AIO because the tempered glass on my case would get super hot when playing games. I dont knownif its with the gpu or the cpu. But Im leaning towards the CPU more since the heat is coming from somewhere near my air cooler.

Also Ive read online that cases with an open ventilation at the front is good for grapics card ventilation but actually deprives your cpu air cooler of cold air. Any thoughts?

WildCard999

Titan
I was considering buying an AIO because the tempered glass on my case would get super hot when playing games. I dont knownif its with the gpu or the cpu. But Im leaning towards the CPU more since the heat is coming from somewhere near my air cooler.

Also Ive read online that cases with an open ventilation at the front is good for grapics card ventilation but actually deprives your cpu air cooler of cold air. Any thoughts?
In most gaming situations the GPU will run hotter then the CPU but with fan cooling your going to get cooler air intake from the front for both parts. If you use a AIO thats setup in the front as intake then your depriving your GPU of cooler air. If you really want an AIO I'd be more inclined to put it on your GPU (with the rad/fan setup as exhaust) then use it on your CPU. As for your CPU you can get a low profile aftermarket cooler which will be more effective and quieter then the stock Intel fan.

Reactions: Artixxxx
Jan 27, 2020
In most gaming situations the GPU will run hotter then the CPU but with fan cooling your going to get cooler air intake from the front for both parts. If you use a AIO thats setup in the front as intake then your depriving your GPU of cooler air. If you really want an AIO I'd be more inclined to put it on your GPU (with the rad/fan setup as exhaust) then use it on your CPU. As for your CPU you can get a low profile aftermarket cooler which will be more effective and quieter then the stock Intel fan.
Ok man. Niceee. Thanks a lot. Aight time to look for aircoolers

Reactions: extreme_noob