Question Is the OS...

Tabstract Studio

Prominent
Mar 24, 2020
...married to the mobo meaning that I will have to start from scratch with a new OS install on a new drive? I am assuming this is the case from what I have read on here (no plug-n-play.) I have been using Windows 7 (w/ all my expensive software and the last of theWin 7 updates and fixes.) I would prefer continuing to use my Windows 7 if possible.

USAFRet

Titan
...married to the mobo meaning that I will have to start from scratch with a new OS install on a new drive? I am assuming this is the case from what I have read on here (no plug-n-play.) I have been using Windows 7 (w/ all my expensive software and the last of theWin 7 updates and fixes.) I would prefer continuing to use my Windows 7 if possible.
This depends entirely on what OS, and where it came from.
So...details?

USAFRet

Titan
Also, the license and the actual install are two different considerations when talking about a new motherboard.

The license may or may not be transferable.

The actual install will PROBABLY need a new install when moving to a new motherboard. No matter which OS.

Tabstract Studio

Prominent
Mar 24, 2020
Also, the license and the actual install are two different considerations when talking about a new motherboard.

The license may or may not be transferable.

The actual install wil5l PROBABLY need install when moving to a new motherboard. No matter which OS.
I did a builders install, drive (connections are way beyond loose, they are broke off) so I cloned the drive unto another one, is supposed to boot up and start up as normal.

Tabstract Studio

Prominent
Mar 24, 2020
I tried to run that OS cloned drive on original mobo and a exact model but I was never able to get past the blank screen
no video blank screen dilemma, Asus told me to buy new memory. I just wanted to find a replacement pcp board on the original drive, a MediaMax so no possible way to reach them.
Then the clone operation did not go well.
Every single file I am able to see ever single file, it is an exact duplicate. so it was successful.