Is the problem my Geforce2 or my Mainboard?

Mavital

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2002
I've got a ASUS V7700 Geforce2 Pure (64mg) running on a ASUS CUSL2 mainboard. A couple nights ago I walked into my room to see my monitor a whole lot darker than usual. As I speak, my monitor seems to have shadowing problems (I am no graphic guru, so I'm not sure if shadowing is the correct way to describe this problem). Basically the color in general is darker, and there are faint lines of darkness horizontally stretching the monitor.

Monitor? Nope. I tried the monitor on a diff video card and it is a crisp, bright picture.

Smart Doctor reports that there may be a problem with recieving the required 3.3V to the card... I replaced the power supply, no improvement.

I have removed components to try to get more power to the card. Again, no improvement.

Basically it comes down to one of two things. The mainboard is having problems, or the GeForce2 is having problems. I need to know how I can figure out which, and if there is a solution. I have no other AGP cards onhand nor another computer with an AGP slot to try the card on... so I'm relying on some tech experience from you graphic gurus.

Btw, 3D graphics and all other "functions" of the card work fine, its just the darkness.

Many thanks in advance,

Mavital

Latest posts