Nov 25, 2020
I am building a new pc with a 3rd gen ryzen 5 5600X cpu on an Asus Tuf Gaming X570 plus (wifi) motherboard. My rgb and fans are running, but I am unable to post bios. I am getting an led warning on my motherboard for the DRAM, but as far as I can tell it is all fine, with multiple tests. Apparently the board does not support 3rd gen ryzrn processors at 3600 mhz, so this may be why it is not working, and I will have to replace it. But I'm pretty sure that RAM goes into the bios at 2133 speed, so I don't think that's the current issue.

This leads me to believe it is a cpu issue, as my board's bios is apparently out of date for my 3rd gen ryzen processor. As a more budget board, I don't have access to bios flashback, nor do I have another cpu lying around that I can upgrade the bios with. What should I do? Also, to clarify, should I be able to boot regardless of my bios version? Because if so, I have a different problem since I can't post to begin with.

Solution
I am building a new pc with a 3rd gen ryzen 5 5600X cpu on an Asus Tuf Gaming X570 plus (wifi) motherboard. My rgb and fans are running, but I am unable to post bios. I am getting an led warning on my motherboard for the DRAM, but as far as I can tell it is all fine, with multiple tests. Apparently the board does not support 3rd gen ryzrn processors at 3600 mhz, so this may be why it is not working, and I will have to replace it. But I'm pretty sure that RAM goes into the bios at 2133 speed, so I don't think that's the current issue.

This leads me to believe it is a cpu issue, as my board's bios is apparently out of date for my 3rd gen ryzen processor. As a more budget board, I don't have access to bios flashback, nor do I have...

This leads me to believe it is a cpu issue, as my board's bios is apparently out of date for my 3rd gen ryzen processor. As a more budget board, I don't have access to bios flashback, nor do I have another cpu lying around that I can upgrade the bios with. What should I do? Also, to clarify, should I be able to boot regardless of my bios version? Because if so, I have a different problem since I can't post to begin with.
No if you don't have the bios support the pc will act like the cpu dosn't exist. The only options you really have replace the board the supports the cpu out right. Or take it to a pc shop and spend $45 to have the bios updated using a compatible cpu for the pc

Solution
Nov 25, 2020
No if you don't have the bios support the pc will act like the cpu dosn't exist. The only options you really have replace the board the supports the cpu out right. Or take it to a pc shop and spend $45 to have the bios updated using a compatible cpu for the pc
Ok thanks. As for my board not supporting 3600 speed for 5000 series processors, do you have any clue why that's a thing?

TRENDING THREADS