Question Is the PSU i'm going to buy will be enough for this build?

Jun 16, 2019
This is my first build and i'm kind of worried about the PSU that I picked if it will be enough to power everything up.
Here is the link of my build : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hKTPRJ

Also I will try to do some mild OCs on the 2600, anything i should consider?
and what parts is bad so I can switch it up for better ones.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yes it should be fine. But I guess if you are overclocking, I'd probably want to up the quality of the PSU unit. 550W will be fine, but maybe aiming closer towards:

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product...fied-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-550fx

As this is great quality unit at a great price - it pays to know that in the event of a problem, your other components should be safe.

Not to mention Seasonic warranties are excellent.

Jun 16, 2019
Yes it should be fine. But I guess if you are overclocking, I'd probably want to up the quality of the PSU unit. 550W will be fine, but maybe aiming closer towards:

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product...fied-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-550fx

As this is great quality unit at a great price - it pays to know that in the event of a problem, your other components should be safe.

Not to mention Seasonic warranties are excellent.
I looked it up and its somewhat costs more and it will exceed my budget. I also looked it up at the psu tier list, they both made it to the tier A, is the seasonic one really worth the cost? also they are both 80 plus Gold

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
What PSU tier list are you referring to?

Yes they are, Seasonic are among the best PSU manufacturers around (some would argue the best) and their support is fantastic.

Put it this way also:
CoolerMaster MWE Warranty = 5 years.
Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus = 10 years.

Realistically, you can tell a LOT about the quality of the PSU unit based on it's warranty. Anything 3 years and less is trash, anything below 5 is questionable. And 10 years+ is excellent, and you tend to only get this with the best manufacturers.

Someone will know more than me about the quality of the MWE Gold series, just from what I recall, they're decent, but not fantastic. But I may be wrong. But I do know the Gold Series are definitely some of their better ones, so if the budget increase isn't worth it for the warranty and support alone, the MWE gold should still serve you well enough.

also they are both 80 plus Gold
Agreed - just be wary that 80 plus gold does say that the unit is probably better than other units, but doesn't necessarily reflect the overall quality of the components used within the unit. It is just more of an indicator.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019
What PSU tier list are you referring to?

Yes they are, Seasonic are among the best PSU manufacturers around (some would argue the best) and their support is fantastic.

Put it this way also:
CoolerMaster MWE Warranty = 5 years.
Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus = 10 years.

Realistically, you can tell a LOT about the quality of the PSU unit based on it's warranty. Anything 3 years and less is trash, anything below 5 is questionable. And 10 years+ is excellent, and you tend to only get this with the best manufacturers.

Someone will know more than me about the quality of the MWE Gold series, just from what I recall, they're decent, but not fantastic. But I may be wrong. But I do know the Gold Series are definitely some of their better ones, so if the budget increase isn't worth it for the warranty and support alone, the MWE gold should still serve you well.

Agreed - just be wary that 80 plus gold does say that the unit is probably better than other units, but doesn't necessarily reflect the overall quality of the components used within the unit. It is just more of an indicator.
Okay thanks a lot (y)(y)(y)

Reactions: PC Tailor
550w is fine.
For the same price, I would buy a 550w Seasonic focus gold with a 7 year warranty
https://www.newegg.com/seasonic-focus-550-gold-ssr-550fm-550w/p/N82E16817151203

It is tier 2 on this list:

I think the MWE is tier 4.

I think I would buy Samsung 860 evo for slightly better reliability and performance.

Reactions: xBluegum

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019
This is my first build and i'm kind of worried about the PSU that I picked if it will be enough to power everything up.

550w is ok, maybe is just my opinion, but i would buy a Seasonic/XFX/Enermax instead.
Now I have a 550W 80+ gold psu from seasonic, my build is: i7 7700k, gtx 1070. I can do some good oc on both with no problem.

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019

I forgot: I would wait a month, so you can go with the new 7nm ryzen and the refresh of the nvidia 2000 serie.
If you want to save some money, buy the windows licence form ebay (like 5$ or less) and install the os from a usb

Jun 16, 2019
I forgot: I would wait a month, so you can go with the new 7nm ryzen and the refresh of the nvidia 2000 serie.
If you want to save some money, buy the windows licence form ebay (like 5$ or less) and install the os from a usb
Im considering the Ryzen 3000 Series too, should i be worried about the performance of the B450/Ryzen 3000 compatibility?

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019
Im considering the Ryzen 3000 Series too, should i be worried about the performance of the B450/Ryzen 3000 compatibility?
In the last 2 weeks I was in holliday so I didnt really red news on hardware. I know that the new ryzen are compatible with the old chipset. The only problem is that i assume you have to install the new bios so you need a 1 or 2gen ryzen. Link: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC#down-bios
I guess that will be the same as this current gen, basically you can buy a mobo with bios for the first gen, to install a 2gen ryzen you have firt to install the bios or your pc won't boot.
Or you can wait a bit and they will sel B450 mobo with bios for the 3gen ryzen.
One more thing: I have to agree with geofelt, also in my opinion would be better to buy a more reliable drive. For experience i can tell you that in normal use you dont really notice the difference between an ssd and a m.2 drive. So if you want to save more money go with a ssd. the main difference (for a normal user) is that your pc will take 15-20 sec to boot instead of 8-12

Jun 16, 2019
In the last 2 weeks I was in holliday so I didnt really red news on hardware. I know that the new ryzen are compatible with the old chipset. The only problem is that i assume you have to install the new bios so you need a 1 or 2gen ryzen. Link: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC#down-bios
I guess that will be the same as this current gen, basically you can buy a mobo with bios for the first gen, to install a 2gen ryzen you have firt to install the bios or your pc won't boot.
Or you can wait a bit and they will sel B450 mobo with bios for the 3gen ryzen.
One more thing: I have to agree with geofelt, also in my opinion would be better to buy a more reliable drive. For experience i can tell you that in normal use you dont really notice the difference between an ssd and a m.2 drive. So if you want to save more money go with a ssd. the main difference (for a normal user) is that your pc will take 15-20 sec to boot instead of 8-12
The m.2 drive and ssd that was mentioned is basically the same price here. So i took the advantage of having thr faster one. Or is the samsung 860 evo better?