[SOLVED] Is the PSU supposed to turn off after removing the paperclip?

Sep 4, 2020
Specs:
Ryzen 3 2200g
2x4gb ddr4 2133mhz
(Gigabyte a320m-s2h v2)
Asus EX A320m Gaming
FSP 500w psu

I RMA'ed three gigabyte motherboards now starting this april as all of them won't power anything at all so i tried changing to asus.

I got a brand new motherboard Asus EX-a320m Gaming and after putting cpu, ram, and psu it won't turn on.

I tried shorting the motherboard's pin to turn on but no fans spin at all. Tried doing paperclip test with the psu and after I removed the paperclip, the psu turned off.

So is the PSU supposed to turn off after removing the paperclip?

Solution
Hmmm, so the psu is faulty in someway? but howcome it can power much older boards from 2011?
I think that your own attempts: "I RMA'ed three gigabyte motherboards now starting this april as all of them won't power anything at all so i tried changing to asus.
I got a brand new motherboard Asus EX-a320m Gaming and after putting cpu, ram, and psu it won't turn on" also indicate a PSU problem, no idea why it worked on decade old stuff but it doesn't work with modern boards.

HERE is a good thread discussing power supply quality.

RealBeast

Titan
Hmmm, so the psu is faulty in someway? but howcome it can power much older boards from 2011?
I think that your own attempts: "I RMA'ed three gigabyte motherboards now starting this april as all of them won't power anything at all so i tried changing to asus.
I got a brand new motherboard Asus EX-a320m Gaming and after putting cpu, ram, and psu it won't turn on" also indicate a PSU problem, no idea why it worked on decade old stuff but it doesn't work with modern boards.

HERE is a good thread discussing power supply quality.

Solution