Question Is the PSU the issue in this scenario?

Jul 20, 2020
Hello!

I'm a newbie when it comes to custom built PCs. My friend built me a pc but ive run into a problem. When I turn it on, everything is on but the graphics card only flashes for a short while then stops. Usually, it lights up all the way. The result is that no display shows up at all on my monitor.

Everything else seems okay, fans are all on and the RAM lights up. I checked the power supply and it runs as well (fan is moving).

I have tried unplugging and plugging back in all the wires and such, still the same issue.

Specs:
CV550V Corsair power supply
Gigabyte RX 580

Also, sometimes the power supply makes a noise. Ive attached a video for this. (Its the "zzzzzzz" sound)

You can't "upload" a video here. You can "link" to a video here, and have it embedded in your post.

To do so, click on the three dots on the formatting bar right above where you type your reply at, select "media" and past the link to your video on imgur, youtube, etc. into the box that pops up and click ok.

IwbTl5Q.png

Jul 20, 2020
Here is a video on how things look when i turn it on

View: https://youtu.be/d2HOtp3foaw

You can't "upload" a video here. You can "link" to a video here, and have it embedded in your post.

To do so, click on the three dots on the formatting bar right above where you type your reply at, select "media" and past the link to your video on imgur, youtube, etc. into the box that pops up and

Last edited:
There is no video attached.
I don't know what you are trying to say here. First you say you can't figure out how to upload a video after I've already shown how to do it up above, and then you say there is no video attached when clearly there are two videos posted above that are visible and working fine. I'm beginning to suspect you are trolling so either clarify what the problems is or I'm likely to take some action soon.

TRENDING THREADS