Is the R9 270 graphics card compatible with a Dell Precision Tower T7500

ronatola

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
I am considering buying this system for $450 for Gaming.
here is the text from the AD

48GB Ram Dell Precision T7500 Intel Xeon Hex Six Core 1 TB Hard

Intel Xeon Hex Six Core Dell Win 7 With 48GB Ram - 1000 GB / 1 TB Hard Wireless WiFi Desktop Workstation Computer with keyboard and mouse

Processor Main Features
Intel Virtualization Technology
Good For Gaming

Processor Intel Xeon L5640 Hex Six Core (Six CPU 4x2.20 Ghz )/ Ram 48gig /Hard Drive 1 TB Wireless DVD Burner/Writer/CD Player

Windows / Skype/ Office/ Antivirus $449 Only

Questions:
1. Can I put my ATI R9 270 2GB into it?
2. Would it make a good gaming PC?
3. Is it a good price?

Solution
That is a high end CPU, but it's from 2010. The price is not bad for the speed, but I don't know if I'd buy that old of a system for almost $500.

You are probably paying at least $100 extra for that 48 GB of RAM which is useless in games.

It should run with a R9 270 easily, it has a good power supply.

Catch is for that price a new system would be maybe $200 more for a faster system (counting the OS license), but you will at least have a new system warranty with that also.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/p4yzvV

You can probably get a cheaper motherboard but without onboard WiFi, it also has a m.2 slot for a fast hard drive.
That is a high end CPU, but it's from 2010. The price is not bad for the speed, but I don't know if I'd buy that old of a system for almost $500.

You are probably paying at least $100 extra for that 48 GB of RAM which is useless in games.

It should run with a R9 270 easily, it has a good power supply.

Catch is for that price a new system would be maybe $200 more for a faster system (counting the OS license), but you will at least have a new system warranty with that also.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/p4yzvV

You can probably get a cheaper motherboard but without onboard WiFi, it also has a m.2 slot for a fast hard drive.

Solution

Mongrel_one

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016