[SOLVED] Is the ROG Strix RTX 3090 OC a good quality and powerful graphics card for gaming?

Solution
My monitor is a 27" LG 4k IPS 60Hz. I want all the games I play to be super smooth including graphically demanding games like Assassins Creed Valhalla.

I just checked a few videos on youtube from RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 on Assassin Creed Valhalla at 4K.

The RTX 3080 at Ultra settings is dipping below 60 fps quite often.

The RTX 3090 at Ultra settings stays at 60 fps and sometime it goes under but rarely.

For the rest of the games you play just do a Youtube search with the game's name and RTX 3090 in the search terms.

N3wb13g

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
Both are decent. No noticeable difference. Now back to your taste about the design.

Yet, MSI had some its own software, MSI's exclusive Dragon Center software lets you monitor, tweak and optimize MSI products in real-time.

Don't know about EVGA software.

My monitor is a 27" LG 4k IPS 60Hz. I want all the games I play to be super smooth including graphically demanding games like Assassins Creed Valhalla.

I just checked a few videos on youtube from RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 on Assassin Creed Valhalla at 4K.

The RTX 3080 at Ultra settings is dipping below 60 fps quite often.

The RTX 3090 at Ultra settings stays at 60 fps and sometime it goes under but rarely.

For the rest of the games you play just do a Youtube search with the game's name and RTX 3090 in the search terms.

Solution

Viper2

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
In a comparison between these two graphics cards, I read that the MSI 3090 Suprim runs hotter than the Asus 3090 ROG Strix OC, but the MSI card has less coil whine. Also, I read that the MSI card uses cheaper components (POSCAPs) whereas the Asus card has higher-end components (MLCCs). And I have read that, in general, Asus is regarded as a higher-end brand than MSI and that Asus graphics cards are simply better built than MSI graphics cards.

Opinions?

Thanks.