[SOLVED] Is the rtx 2060 worth the $80 more over a gtx 1660 super?

Adrian Palikowski

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2013
My gpu aio and psu went bad around Christmas and I haven’t had a pc since. I’ve been saving up I bought a psu and I have $375 I can buy an aio and the gtx 1660 super or I can get the rtx 2060 super and wait another few weeks till I can save up for the aio. Is the rtx 2060 super worth the wait on the aio? I mainly play fortnite csgo and a little bit of warzone but I might broaden my horizon

Ak47Egy

Honorable
Jun 4, 2016
IMO it is, not only for the better performance, but for the new technology with RT & DLSS especially it gives a very nice visual buff without compromising frame rates, but I would opt for the 3060 instead once it's available, it should be similarly priced or close to it at least, but with much better performance closer to what a 2070 super would offer, and with gen 2 ray tracing

Adrian Palikowski

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2013
IMO it is, not only for the better performance, but for the new technology with RT & DLSS especially it gives a very nice visual buff without compromising frame rates, but I would opt for the 3060 instead once it's available, it should be similarly priced or close to it at least, but with much better performance closer to what a 2070 super would offer, and with gen 2 ray tracing

Is there an eta on when they 3060s hit the market? I’m assuming you mean the new 3060 tis? I’ve seen a couple 3060s but they’re closer to the $500 range and that’s a little too much for me I’m not looking to spend more than $400 but I’m not sure what the 3060 tie price will be or when they we’ll be available

Adrian Palikowski

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2013
What is your CPU?

I7 6700k

Adrian Palikowski

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2013
There is a 3060 (non Ti) coming at the end of Feb. However I expect it will be just as hard to find as any other 3000 series gpu. https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/news/pc-upgrades/nvidia-rtx-3060-3800338/

Ahh yes I see. Since it’s being released in late February how hard will it be to hit that first wave of sales that goes out? Now I’m curious because I’ve been without a pc for a month and that would be additional wait time but if I could land a 3060 and wait off getting this 2060 I totally would

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
There is a 3060 (non Ti) coming at the end of Feb. However I expect it will be just as hard to find as any other 3000 series gpu. https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/news/pc-upgrades/nvidia-rtx-3060-3800338/
It will be fairly easy to get a normal 3060...however we will be at the mercy of miners and scalpers! the $300-400 estimated selling price will end up like $700-800 thanks to people buying up all the stock to play the market :(

Ahh yes I see. Since it’s being released in late February how hard will it be to hit that first wave of sales that goes out? Now I’m curious because I’ve been without a pc for a month and that would be additional wait time but if I could land a 3060 and wait off getting this 2060 I totally would
Impossible to answer. However I see no reason to think it will be any different to any other 3000 series card and it doesn’t look like availability for them is going to improve in the next few months. I understand that the 3060Ti is a good choice for miners and possibly the 3060 will be too so that puts it at even higher demand.

Adrian Palikowski

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2013
Impossible to answer. However I see no reason to think it will be any different to any other 3000 series card and it doesn’t look like availability for them is going to improve in the next few months. I understand that the 3060Ti is a good choice for miners and possibly the 3060 will be too so that puts it at even higher demand.
To be completely honest I’m not sure how the other 3000 sold because I wasn’t looking at the time of release. Are they going to be price gauged by vendors or are they going to be bought up by bots right away and resold by scalpers? Am I going to have to be prepared for them to drop to get a shot at getting them for the announced $329.99 or should I expect to pay more? I have the rtx 2060 super back ordered on shopblt with an eta of 2 weeks but if there’s a good chance I can get the 30 series if I’m prepared then I’m willing cancel the order and wait. Thanks for the feedback