Question Is the RTX 3050 Ti (95w) enough for game development and asset creation ?

Aug 29, 2022
I'll buy a laptop for 3d game development, and my chosen laptop has a 3050 Ti. Is that GPU enough for 3d game development and 3d model rendering?
Actually, I'm not sure 4gb vram is enough for today ?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
It is enough for something. Obviously development of future AAA titles would be somewhat difficult. But there are plenty of brand new games capable of running on even integrated graphics.

If you think about it, game development will start some 2-3 years, or more, before a launch. So they use the latest hardware available at the time, and by the time of release that hardware level is more mid-range.

VRAM limitations depend on the detail level of the models you start with. Pre-optimization might be rough.

Aug 29, 2022
It is enough for something. Obviously development of future AAA titles would be somewhat difficult. But there are plenty of brand new games capable of running on even integrated graphics.

If you think about it, game development will start some 2-3 years, or more, before a launch. So they use the latest hardware available at the time, and by the time of release that hardware level is more mid-range.

VRAM limitations depend on the detail level of the models you start with. Pre-optimization might be rough.
Thanks for answering

Laptop specs;
Ryzen 7 4800H
32gb ram
Laptop model;
Asus ROG strix g15

This laptop good choose for game development?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
It should be relatively decent at compiling code and it has plenty of RAM. A cheap desktop would get you farther, but wouldn't have the portability.

I can easily see this doing something with Unity or Unreal. But you could also code a turn based tile game with hardly any 3D at all, depends on what you are doing.