Question Is the RTX 4060-4060 ti really that bad?

Crazyy8

Prominent
Sep 22, 2023
I'm replacing some parts in my system in the near future and I have been looking at reviews and such about the RTX 4060(ti)and most, if not all of them call it junk with either other AMD options have better performance or value. Is the RTX 4060(ti) really that bad?

I'm replacing some parts in my system in the near future and I have been looking at reviews and such about the RTX 4060(ti)and most, if not all of them call it junk with either other AMD options have better performance or value. Is the RTX 4060(ti) really that bad?
Its not "bad", its just that AMD equivalents have better price-performance value, such as 7700XT for example.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It didn't offer that much more compared to what the 3060 offered and only the 16gb model can boast more memory than its predecessor (well, some models anyway). That is why it wasn't received all that well.

Then compared to the 7700/7800 XT pair, it looks even worse.

But if you want to dabble in RT, then the 4060 is about only choice at price point. That really depends on what games you play, most old games don't have RT.