Question Is the Ryzen 5 4500 compatible with the MSI A320M Pro-e mobo?

Maverick1234

Prominent
Feb 20, 2021
Im currently running my pc with a r3 3200g with a a320m pro-e mobo and I was wondering if the r5 4500 is compatible with my current mobo? I want to replace my cpu bc it kinda bottlenecks with my current gpu and I also find it a bit slow and the r5 4500 has gotten cheaper in my region.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Go to your manufacturer website and look (typically) under either support or sometimes compatibility. It will list the CPU that can work and what BIOS revision is required to make it so.

Keep in mind that unless you have a GPU installed, since you have a G model now, unless you just left that off the desired upgrade you will lose graphics output.
edit- a just noticed you mentioned a GPU

Maverick1234

Prominent
Feb 20, 2021
Go to your manufacturer website and look (typically) under either support or sometimes compatibility. It will list the CPU that can work and what BIOS revision is required to make it so.

Keep in mind that unless you have a GPU installed, since you have a G model now, unless you just left that off the desired upgrade you will lose graphics output.
Im using a discrete graphics card and its the Gtx 1050 ti. So basically I don't use the built-in gpu.

Maverick1234

Prominent
Feb 20, 2021

edit- a just noticed you mentioned a GPU
Btw do I need a usb flash drive? If so, will the usb2.0 flash drive do the trick?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Yes.

Download the BIOS update and extract it to the USB drive. Read in the details about updating as it typically needs to be formatted a certain way (FAT 32 IIRC). Then you generally will boot to BIOS and there should be a section called "Flash Utility" or "Q Flash" ect. which will reboot to another section where you can select the BIOS version you wish to update to.
It is always a good idea to have your PC on a battery backup if that is an option. At the very least do it at a time when it's not storming or windy and such that could knock power out.

Reactions: King_V

Maverick1234

Prominent
Feb 20, 2021
Yes.

Download the BIOS update and extract it to the USB drive. Read in the details about updating as it typically needs to be formatted a certain way (FAT 32 IIRC). Then you generally will boot to BIOS and there should be a section called "Flash Utility" or "Q Flash" ect. which will reboot to another section where you can select the BIOS version you wish to update to.
It is always a good idea to have your PC on a battery backup if that is an option. At the very least do it at a time when it's not storming or windy and such that could knock power out.
Oh alright, thank you. I'm also worried that the power might go out while I'm updating the bios bc sometimes there's a sudden cut of power. And also just to make it clear a usb 2.0 flashdrive will do the trick, right?