[SOLVED] Is the Samsung 970 evo plus compatible with Gigabyte B560 HD3 motherboard?

Nov 6, 2021
I recently purchased the Samsung 970 evo plus ssd m.2 to upgrade my new pc but im wondering if its compatible. I thought it was, since I looked at the motherboard specifications before hand. But now that I installed it on the other remaining slot, my pc and bios won't recognize it. I don't know what to do.
This is the link to the motherboard. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B560-HD3-rev-10#kf
I've searched for so may ways to try to fix it but nothing seems to work. Is it even compatible?

Last edited:
Solution
I recently purchased the Samsung 970 evo plus ssd m.2 to upgrade my new pc but im wondering if its compatible. I thought it was, since I looked at the motherboard specifications before hand. But now that I installed it on the other remaining slot, my pc and bios won't recognize it. I don't know what to do.
This is the link to the motherboard. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B560-HD3-rev-10#kf
I've searched for so may ways to try to fix it but nothing seems to work. Is it even compatible?
Both slots support pcie ssd's so that should not be an issue.
You might want to get the latest bios/chipset/me and test.
Both slots support pcie ssd's so that should not be an issue.
You might want to get the latest bios/chipset/me and test.

Solution
What model CPU do you have? The Note on page 18 of the manual seems to indicate that the top m.2P_CPU connector requires an 11th generation CPU. Also do you have anything connected to the SATA 3 1 port? The manual seems to indicate that it shares an interrupt with the M2A_SB port which may affect its functioning.

Nov 6, 2021
What model CPU do you have? The Note on page 18 of the manual seems to indicate that the top m.2P_CPU connector requires an 11th generation CPU. Also do you have anything connected to the SATA 3 1 port? The manual seems to indicate that it shares an interrupt with the M2A_SB port which may affect its functioning.
I have the intel core i5-10400f (not sure if i should upgrade in the future) and I don't think I have anything connected in the SATA3 1 port. I cant tell. Im new to all this.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021
What did you do that you can now see it in the bios?

You need to spell everything out as only you can see what your hands are doing.
I replaced the 500gb m.2 with the new 1tb gb in the bottom slot. I guess it only detects it if its in the bottom one. I turned on the PC and it sends me directly to thr BIOS page. I don't know where to go from there.

Nov 6, 2021
I think at this point you should put the 500GB back in the working m.2 slot and update the bios if it's newer than what you have.

See if that enables the other m.2 slot.

Do you have any sata devices plugged into the sata ports?
I already successfully installed the latest bios update earlier today. And no i do not have any sata devices plugged in.